EP 509: A Thin Line Between Love and Hate - Act IV

Writer's Note: Back with another very long act... (More like two acts) 

As always, thanks for your support. Please comment, follow, and vote. ☺️

**********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

ACT FOUR

INT. BAKER HOUSE - KITCHEN / LIVING ROOM - NIGHT (N1)

Patience and Olivia make themselves scarce. Jordan and Layla sit in uncomfortable silence. A beat.

LAYLA

I'm sorry. I was going to tell you.

JORDAN

So, it's true... You and Clay.

(off Layla's nod)

How long?

Layla fidgets in her seat.

LAYLA

Does it even matter?

JORDAN

It most certainly does... Especially if you were sneaking around behind my back, Layla.

LAYLA

Oh, kinda like what you were doing with Simone. For months... Or have you conveniently forgotten that?

JORDAN

That's not the same thing.

LAYLA

Jordan let's not argue particulars. Besides, we both could've handled things differently.

JORDAN

I just can't believe you'd go back to him after everything that happened between you two... Like what the hell, Layla?

LAYLA

Good thing it's none of your business... Clay, makes me happy. End of story. So, forgive me if I refuse to stand here and justify my decision to you.

Layla storms off. The DOOR SLAMS as she walks out.

MUSIC CUE: "Quality Time" - Hi-Five

INT. BEACH HOUSE - LIVING ROOM - NIGHT (N1)

Olivia and Spencer and in the middle of one of their patented movie nights. Girls Trip. Olivia cuts her eyes at Spencer who's more preoccupied with his phone than quality time.

OLIVIA

You know if you didn't want to do movie night you should've just said so... I could've stayed at home.

Spencer gives an apologetic smile and puts his phone away.

SPENCER

I'm sorry, Liv... It's just.

(hesitates)

Alisha was texting about the baby.

OLIVIA

Is everything okay?

SPENCER

Yeah... Everything's all good. It wasn't anything like that.

OLIVIA

(raises brow, a beat)

Oh, is this another one of those things that's none of my business?