EP 508: Love and War - Act II

ACT TWO: 

INT. BEACH HOUSE - KITCHEN / LIVING ROOM - MORNING

Spencer eats his breakfast at the bar. Jordan walks in and eyes Spencer with concern. He sits next to him.

JORDAN

Spencer... What's going on, bro?

SPENCER

(groans)

Look J, if you're here to give me the third degree... I'm really not in the mood. I know I fucked up. Aight. But please not now.

JORDAN

Nope. I came to check on you.. Because, I've been in your shoes. Well sort of... So, if you need to talk. I'm here to listen.

SPENCER

Sorry, J... I appreciate you.

(heavy sigh)

I'm not ready for this. This wasn't part of the plan. I'm still trying to find my way. Carve my own path. And now this.

(a beat)

What if I'm just not cut out to be someone's dad?

Jordan places a comforting hand on Spencer's shoulder.

JORDAN

Look, Spence. I know you're scared. But you'll get thru this... And you're not alone. I got your back.

(a beat)

And you not cut out to be a dad? Come on, now... That's nonsense. You were built for this.

SPENCER

Thank you, J.

Spencer and Jordan do their signature handshake.

EXT. UCLA - CAMPUS - AFTERNOON

On his way to meet Kia for lunch, Darnell runs into LISA. Darnell smiles brightly and they embrace.

DARNELL

What's up stranger?

(peeps tears in her eyes)

Hey. Hey. What's wrong?

Lisa attempts to shrug it off.

LISA

Oh, ya know just one of those days.

Darnell guides her to a bench and they sit down.

DARNELL

Okay... You wanna try that again? We've know each other too long. What's going on, Lisa?

LISA

(heavy sigh)

Guess, who's engaged?

DARNELL

(a beat)

Wait... No. Davis? Are you serious?

(off Lisa's pained face)

I'm so sorry, Lisa.

LISA

(shakes head)

Granted, we're not together... But four years, D... And he just up and proposes to someone he's know all of six months. Just like that?

DARNELL

What happened with you two? Because ya'll were always solid... Was it the distance?

LISA