EP 507 - For Lovers Only - Act IV

ACT FOUR

EXT / INT. - YACHT - MALIBU - NIGHT

Jordan caresses Layla's face as they slow dance to Hrs & Hrs by Muni Long. Olivia and Spencer cuddle up on the sofa. Closer than close. Darnell walks over with two bottles of water and looks around. He hits Spencer upside the head.

DARNELL

Hey. Hey. Love birds. Where's Kia?

Unmoved, Spencer doesn't even look up. He traces circles on Olivia's neck with his tongue.

OLIVIA

(bites lip)

Hmmm. I don't know. Thought she was with you... Restroom? Maybe.

DARNELL

(shakes his head)

Useless. You two are useless.

EXT / INT. - YACHT - MALIBU - NIGHT

Kia and Dante' lean on the balcony rail deep in conversation.

DANTE'

(smirks)

--So, basically, I'm looking at the next Stacy Abrams.

KIA

(shy smile)

Something like that. I'm just doing my part to give back to the community that raised me.

DANTE'

Quite impressive, Miss Kia.

KIA

I think you're the impressive one. Pre Med. Pediatric Surgery. Wow.

(a beat)

You're a parent's dream... Every girl's dream. Swoon.

DANTE'

(bites lip/smiles)

Stop.

Kia feels her phone vibrate in her clutch bag and wiggles out of Dante's jacket.

KIA

I should go back inside before they send a search party... Maybe we'll run into each other on campus.

DANTE'

(nods)

Still kinda crazy that we're at the same school and never crossed paths.

A beat. Kia drops her bag and they both bend down. Dante' picks it up and hands it to Kia. Their eyes lock as they stand up and they share a charged moment. A beat.

Darnell steps onto the balcony and loudly clears his throat.

DARNELL

What the hell going on out here?

Kia shakes her head and hands Dante' his jacket.

KIA

(to Dante, smiles)

Thanks for lending your jacket and your ear.

DANTE'

My pleasure.

Darnell raises a brow as Kia walks towards him. What the fuck was that? She grabs his arm and pushes him thru the door.