EP 511: Ex-Factor - Act V

Writer's Note: Here is the 5th and final act of Episode 511: Ex-Factor. As always, thanks for your support! 🥰🥰

Please comment, follow, and vote. 🙏🏽

**********************************************************************************************

ACT FIVE

MUSIC CUE: "Just In Case" - Jaheim 

INT. BAKER HOUSE - LIVING ROOM / KITCHEN - DAY (D2)

Seated at the bar with textbooks open and her laptop in front of her, Olivia works on an assignment for class. Barely. A beat. She incessantly taps on the counter.

OLIVIA

(above a whisper)

Julius Destin Brooks... Where have I heard that name before?

Suddenly, Spencer comes up behind Olivia and kisses her cheek as he walks to the fridge... He grabs a bottle of water.

SPENCER

Wide Receiver.

(off a puzzled Olivia)

You remember, babe... He played for Westlake and was All-American.

OLIVIA

(smirks)

Ah, ha... Yes, he ranked higher than you. Now I remember.

SPENCER

Yeah, yeah. By two. Two whole slots.

(looks at watch)

Oh, shit... I'm late. I gotta pick up Destiny from daycare. You still coming over later, right?

Olivia nods. Spencer pecks her lips three times and rushes out. A beat. Coco's words invade her thoughts. "You just might find a very interesting connection."

A beat. Olivia googles Julius Destin Brooks. She reads and clicks on the headline "All-American wide receiver ranked 55th in the country died tragically in a car accident." She scans the article and gets an eerie feeling when she reads "Julis succumbed to his injuries three days later in the hospital, his long-time girlfriend was later released after being treated for undisclosed injuries."

Olivia nervously pulls up Julius's Facebook profile which is still active. She feels a queasiness in the pit of her stomach when she locates multiple pictures of him and Alisha... She gasps at the sight of a picture of Julius kissing Alisha's very pregnant belly.

A beat. She TEXTS DARNELL: I need to talk to you. It's urgent.

INT. KIA'S HOUSE - LIVING ROOM - DAY (D2)

Olivia runs her hand through her curls, as she paces in front of Kia and Darnell seated on the sofa

DARNELL

Liv... I need you to breathe.

Olivia takes a beat to compose herself... She sits across from Kia and Darnell.

DARNELL

Okay... Is it fucked up that she named the baby after her dead ex? Yes. Does it confirm our suspicions that she's cuckoo for Cocoa Puffs? Abso-fucking-lutely. But... It doesn't change the fact there are DNA results confirming he's the father.

(a beat)

A test you were both there for.

OLIVIA

I know... But you didn't see the way Coco was acting, Darnell. There's more to this story, I just don't know what it is... Yet.