EP 510: Just Can't Stay Away - Act I

Writer's Note: 

Please comment, follow, and vote. 

As always, I appreciate your support! 🥰☺️

***********************************************************************************************

ACT ONE

MUSIC CUE: "Heaven" - Beyonce' - PRESS PLAY NOW, PLAY THRU MONTAGE

INT. BAKER HOUSE - OLIVIA'S ROOM - NIGHT (N1) (MONTAGE)

Lit by moonlight, sleeping beauties KIA, LAYLA, DAVITA, PATIENCE, JAYMEE, AND COOP crowd the bed, window seat, and floor surrounding a restless OLIVIA with love.

INT. BAKER HOUSE - LIVING ROOM / KITCHEN - DAY (D2) (MONTAGE)

Seated on the sofa, Olivia rests her head on LAURA'S shoulder as they select PHOTOS of BILLY for the funeral program. Behind the bar, SPENCER keeps watch as he prepares lunch.

The DOORBELL RINGS. Spencer goes to answer the door. A beat. Spencer returns with GRANDPA WILLY (G.W.) Tearful, Olivia and Laura leap up and pull G.W. into a tight embrace.

INT. BAKER HOUSE - LIVING ROOM / KITCHEN - DAY (D2) (MONTAGE)

Seated at the bar, Olivia pushes food around on her plate while SPENCER starts a TO DO LIST on his laptop: Pick up flower arrangements. Pick up funeral programs from the print shop. Contact family, friends, and colleagues. Set up a walk-through of the venue with the Pastor and family.

He emails the list to Coop, Patience, Layla, and DENISE.

INT. CHURCH - SANCTUARY - DAY (D3) (MONTAGE)

Spencer, GRACE, Laura, JORDAN, Grandpa Willy, and Olivia do a walk thru and discuss the service with PASTOR WEEKS. A beat. Olivia becomes overwhelmed and grips Spencer's hand tight. He wraps his arm around her shoulder and kisses her temple.

INT. BAKER HOUSE - LIVING ROOM / KITCHEN - DAY (D3) (MONTAGE)

Throughout the day, one-by-one NEIGHBORS and FRIENDS bring food and offer condolences.

INT. BAKER HOUSE - LIVING ROOM / KITCHEN - NIGHT (N3)

Olivia abruptly pushes her plate back toward Spencer.

OLIVIA

--Spencer, I said I'm not hungry.

Spencer pushes the plate back toward Olivia.

SPENCER

Olivia... I know you're hurting. But you've barely eaten in 3 days.

(a beat, sternly)

This ain't up for debate... I'm not gonna sit here and let you starve yourself. Now, if you don't want this I can fix something else or I can go out and grab some food. So, what's it gonna be? 'Cause I got all night.

Olivia groans and stabs a piece of grilled chicken with her fork and stuffs it in her mouth.

OLIVIA

(in between bites)

Happy now?

SPENCER

Very.

A beat. Spencer leans over and kisses Olivia softly on the forehead. The kiss lingers.