EP 507 - For Lovers Only - Act II

ACT TWO

MUSIC CUE: "Start From Scratch" - The Game

DREAM SEQUENCE - INT - LIVING ROOM - AFTERNOON

The modern space is in disarray. The TV BLARES. An old teddy bear lies by the open door. Chairs turned over. Broken vases and picture frames on the floor. A LOUD BANG. From O.S. the sound of a WOMAN'S SCREAM. BANG. BANG. WOMAN SCREAMS.

DREAM SEQUENCE - INT - LIVING ROOM - EVENING

TWO DETECTIVES (30s) stand in front of a beaten, bruised RENEE on the sofa as she sobs uncontrollably. Darnell (8) face void of expression holds her hand. A POLICE OFFICER (40s), handcuffs a BLACK MALE (30s).

The black male turns to Renee and with a sinister tone mumbles under his breath. Darnell lunges toward the man as Renee and the police officer attempt to restrain him.

RENEE

Darnell! No. Stop. Darnell--

INT. BEACH HOUSE - DARNELL'S ROOM - MORNING

In a pool of sweat, Darnell jolts awake. A beat. 

"If I could start my life from scratch, If I could take away the pain of my past... If I had another chance I would do just that. I'd give anything just to go right back..." 

He looks at the empty space next to him that Kia left.

MUSIC ENDS

INT. BEACH HOUSE - KITCHEN BAR - MORNING

Spencer and Olivia mid-breakfast. Tension fills the air. Olivia sips her juice as she checks her emails. Spencer clears his throat and attempts to break the ice.

SPENCER

So, you wanna link up after my positions meeting?

OLIVIA

(eyes MacBook)

Can't. Study group.

SPENCER

Okay. But you're still staying over tonight, right?

OLIVIA

(curt)

Nope.

SPENCER

(rolls eyes)

Liv, when we gonna move past this?

Olivia scoffs as she starts to gather her things.

OLIVIA

When you handle the situation, Spencer... That's how we move forward.

Olivia starts towards the door but turns back.

OLIVIA

You claim you ended things the same day I went to Anthony's formal. And Darnell said as much... So, riddle me this... Why's she still calling? If you made it clear it was over... Done... Fanito... Huh? Answer that.

SPENCER

(takes big gulp)

Okay. I may have reached out after that. But you wouldn't talk to me. I thought we were done.

OLIVIA

Hmmmp... Reached out. I bet you reached out and touched her too.

SPENCER