Teaser: Lovers and Friends - Darnell and Kia

This is a "one-off" script I'm working on outside of the Do For Love series. One of my favorite characters from All American is Darnell. (I love the brotherhood between him and Spencer) And I wanted to dive more into his character and explore a romantic relationship between him and Kia, which the writers alluded to in the season 2 finale. (So this is sort of a prequel to the Do For Love series with Darnell as the protagonist.) I will be releasing the full story under my All American: Take the Shot series. 

**********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

ACT ONE

MUSIC CUE: "What These B*tches Want" - DMX  

(PLAY THE SONG!) 

INT. UNIVERSITY OF NEVADA - FRAT HOUSE - NIGHT (N1)(MONTAGE)

Star QB, DARNELL HAYES (a few months shy of 18) sips his drink and scans the room. Who's the lucky girl tonight? Everyone wants a piece of Darnell Hayes and he knows it. Handsome. Cocky. Loyal. Destined for greatness.

Darnell zeros in on three girls standing in the corner. He makes eye contact with the blonde in the middle. She'll do. A beat of flirty exchanges and DAWN (blonde) saunters over.

DAWN

Hi, I'm Dawn.

DARNELL

Darnell. Haynes.

DAWN

(bats eyelashes)

Oh, I've heard about you... You play football, right?

Darnell smirks. Oh, she's heard of me, huh? Typical. Dawn rambles on. Darnell yawns and eyes his watch.

DARNELL

You wanna get outta here?

INT. DARNELL'S - BEDROOM - BATHROOM - NIGHT (N1)  (MONTAGE)

Now in basketball shorts, Darnell dumps his swimmers down the toilet and chucks the condom in the trash.

Darnell stands on the side of the bed, he jerks back the covers and Dawn stirs awake. 

DARNELL

My bad... But my mom will be home soon. So, I can call you an Uber or...

CUT TO:

Darnell sits on his laptop on a Zoom call with his mom RENEE.

DARNELL

Hey, ma. How's Germany?

INT. HOUSE - LIVING ROOM - NIGHT (N2) - (MONTAGE)

Another house party. Another night of debauchery. LESHAUN (brunette) makes her way over to Darnell... Another face, another name he will not remember.

LESHAUN

(extends hand)

-- Leshaun.

INT. HOUSE - LIVING ROOM - NIGHT (N3) - (MONTAGE)

Party in full swing. Two shots in, Darnell sizes up the redhead in front of him, INEZ. He'll have her legs in the air by two and in an Uber by three.

INEZ

-- I'm Inez.

INT. HOUSE - LIVING ROOM - NIGHT (N4) - (MONTAGE)

Party's lit. ALICIA (major pick-me vibes) sizes up Darnell.

ALICIA

(bites lip)

-- It's Alicia.

INT. HOUSE - LIVING ROOM - NIGHT

The party has simmered down. Darnell smirks at two girls making googly eyes at him from across the room. It shouldn't be this easy. They shouldn't be this...

Darnell's friend LISA (17, cocoa brown, headstrong, pretty, curvy) eyes him.

LISA

(snorts laughter)

You clearly don't have a type. Stick anything that moves, huh?

DARNELL

But I do, Lisa. I do. It's called consensual.

LISA

Touché... But don't you ever get tired of all this?

(gestures around the room)

Don't you want more, D?

TITLE CARD: ALL AMERICAN

*******************************************************************************

Oh, lawd..... So, how do we feel about Darnell at this point, chile? Is he trash? Flawed? How we feeling? Let me know if the comments... 😬😬😬