EP 506 - The Place Where You Belong- Act II

ACT TWO

INT. FORMONICA STUDIOS - MORNING

In the booth, Patience records a pop song similar to an Ariana Grande or Taylor Swift song. CLAY listens from the door. Frustrated Patience, removes her headset and comes out. The sound engineer PETE stares in confusion.

PATIENCE

Let's pick this up tomorrow. I'm not feeling it today.

Annoyed, Pete nods and leaves the studio.

PATIENCE

What are you doing here Clay?

CLAY

I was looking for Layla.

(a beat)

Is it really an off day or is it the song you're not feeling?

PATIENCE

(rolls eyes)

Layla's not here, Clay.

CLAY

Hmmm... Seems like I hit a nerve.

PATIENCE

I'm not giving you any ammunition that you can use on me later.

CLAY

Patience, listen... I'm sorry how everything went down. We always had a good working relationship and you didn't deserve to get dragged into me and Layla's beef. I'm sorry.

PATIENCE

You're right I didn't deserve it.

Clay nods and starts to leave. He turns back.

CLAY

Patience you're at your best when you go against the grain... Not following the latest trend. This ain't you. I know it and if you're being honest with yourself so do you.

Clay leaves. Off, Patience.

INT. BEACH HOUSE - LIVING ROOM - MORNING

With his leg propped up, Spencer works on his laptop. He sends a TEXT to Olivia: Hey, you coming thru later? The door opens and shuts.

SPENCER

(without looking up)

Coop, nice of you to finally show up. I can't do this report without those damn books.

Darnell walks in with books in hand.

DARNELL

Not Coop but I got em. Relax, fool.

Spencer looks up with a huge grin. Darnell places the books on the table and daps it up with Spencer.

SPENCER

Yo, what are you doing here bro?

DARNELL

I had to come and check on ya, make sure you're really good. Plus I got some news.

Spencer reads TEXT from Olivia: Sorry babe, I'm meeting with my study group later.

SPENCER

Please don't bring me no bad news.

Darnell pulls out a GAU football jersey.

DARNELL

Nah...I gotta question for ya. Are you ready to mix it up on the field with ya boy again?

SPENCER

(face lights up)

Wait...Are you serious right now?!