EP 505 - Song Cry - Act IV

ACT FOUR

EXT. GAU FOOTBALL STADIUM / FIELD - AFTERNOON

SERIES OF SHOTS

-- The team performs lateral shuffle and speed burst drills.

-- The team performs hurdle knee drive drills.

-- The team performs circle cone and burst drills.

END SERIES OF SHOTS

As Spencer heads to the showers, Coach Kenny stops him.

COACH KENNY

Hey... How you holding up?

Spencer looks away in an attempt to mask his pain.

SPENCER

I'm all good, Coach.

COACH KENNY

Yeah. Yeah. You're all good. You've been feeding me that all week. Look I know today is a tough one for you. I just want you to know I'm here for you. Whatever you need.

(places hand on shoulder)

And don't let the stuff going on with the team mess with your head. Whatever happens you'll be alright.

Coach Kenny leaves. Off Spencer, filled with uncertainty.

INT. GAU CAMPUS - LOCKER ROOM - AFTERNOON

Headed out, Spencer stops to read his texts. TEXT from DARNELL: Thinking of you today, bro...Hit me up. TEXT from MOMS: Call me if you need me...Love you! TEXT from JORDAN: Just checkin in bro. He looks to Jordan's empty locker and lets out a heavy sigh. He starts to call Olivia but stops.

MEMORY FLASH

Olivia: "I can't be the person that helps you get thru this"

END MEMORY FLASH

INT. GAU CAMPUS - LIBRARY - AFTERNOON

Olivia and Anthony sit across from each other, heads buried in their textbooks. Olivia looks up and eyes Anthony nervously.

OLIVIA

Okay. I'm just going to rip the bandaid off... I'm really sorry for everything that went down the other night. I'm sorry I left so abruptly and Spencer was completely out of line. So, I get if you don't--

Anthony grabs Olivia's hand to calm her uneasiness.

ANTHONY

ANTHONY

Olivia. Olivia. It's okay. I get it. I'm not tripping over what went down. Relationships are hard. Even more difficult when they've ended. Trust me I get it.

(eyes soften)

I've been in his shoes. So, I don't blame him. Letting go of someone you loved so much ain't easy.