Nonsense Christmas, pars 3 - Clement Novalak

The following morning, Y/N woke up with a crippling headache. She was hundred percent sure her skull was about to explode at any second. When she hobbled to the kitchen, S/M was already there, humming one of Michael Bubblé's classics while preparing breakfast. How could she be fresh as a daisy after a night like the previous one? Y/N could not comprehend, "good morning...wow, you look like a corpse freshly taken out of the refrigerator," S/N let out after she looked at her sister from head to toe.

"You know how to raise one's spirits," Y/N chuckled, but the bright sound only worsened her headache, making her whimper. S/N didn't say anything while she handed Y/N paracetamol and a glass of water, "next year, I'm only drinking apple cider. I'm setting the record straight right here, right now."

A tingly laugh escaped S/N's lips which made her sister look up with a glare, "what a humorist you are."

"But I mean it for real."

"You said the exact same thing last year, Y/N. And look at you now," she motioned towards her horrendously looking hangover appearance, "nothing's changed."

"This was such a nonsense idea, S/N," Y/N hid her face with her hand, massaging her forehead, "why did I agree to play that silly game?"

"It's Christmas, Y/N. Nothing makes sense on Christmas," she patted her shoulder, "now, move your ass, we are in charge of Fred's stand today."

"Today?!" Y/N yelped, almost dropping the glass on the floor, "why did no one tell me? I wouldn't completely...tarnish mayself."

"I did tell you several times but you got so swooned by your charming Clement that you forgot," a playful grin was playing on S/N's lips while her sister was burning her down with the flames in her eyes, "make yourself look pretty. Who knows, maybe he'll stop by."

"Keep reminding me, thank you," Y/N grunted, hoping that she could leave the embarrassment of the previous night behind her. It would be a nice Christmas miracle, "and there is no my charming Clement, so that you know!" She yelled after her sister leaving the kitchen.

-

Because he had a few hours before his flight, Clement decided to visit the Christmas market in the center of the town. He was aware that the number of people there would be ridiculous due to the increasing shopping traffic. And that someone may recognise him. But he didn't mind.

He approached the stand run by two girls in Santa's hats selling mulled wine, pretzels, and other snacks. Carols were playing through the speakers on the roof. Right when he positioned himself in the queue of people, his phone announced an incoming message just in time when one of the girls put the phone down. Interesting coincidence, to say at least. It was the prankster texting him. She reached out to him somewhere around midnight with yet another rather suggestive message.

Hey Clement, how quickly can you build a snowman? Think fast.

He didn't answer, leaving it to tomorrow. And it was the right decision as he received an apology. Because there were some people in front of him, he decided to kill time.

Hi. I'm so sorry for all of this mess I've made yesterday. I was pissed drunk and decided to prank my ex. It turns out you have his phone number now. I had no idea, so I thought it was him the entire time. I'm really terribly sorry, I promise it won't happen again. And for the previous message...just ignore it. I was drinking away my embarrassment only to make it bigger. Sorry again. Have a holly jolly Christmas.

"Hi, what can I get you?" Clement looked up from his phone, and his eyes met up with Y/N's. Her features froze as soon as she recognised the face, and she almost choked on the peppermint candy in her mouth. This was not possible, she must have been hallucinating, living a nightmare. No way was the man she accidentally sexted with standing right in front of her. Where is the nearest den for burial?