Popularly Alone - M.Schumacher (2/3) ✔

Although Y/N would never admit that, her new neighbour had been on her mind quite a lot. For sure, he was annoying and awfully obsessed with cars, but there was something about him. Something different, she had never met someone like him before. Of course, she talked with him for not even a half an hour, and she knew absolutely nothing about him. But he definitely made a good first impression, even though there were a lot of things she didn't fancy. Maybe it was his humour, his enthusiasm, and his polite manners that are making him so interesting in her eyes.

She was hoping that she would catch a glimpse of him again soon. Gland is a small city, there is no way they wouldn't bump into each other. However, it did not happen. He was nowhere to be seen, it looked like he just vanished. Y/N was even thinking about finding his house, but she quickly kicked that thought out of her head. Being a stalker is the last thing she would like to be seen as. But his absence really put a bee in her bonnet. What is he even doing for a living? Maybe he is on holiday. Or studying abroad. Or he moved out. Y/N hoped that it's not the third option, that would be a too-quick ending of the story.

In the meantime, Y/N decided to go visit a car service. She couldn't believe that she is listening to a stranger, but it seemed like he knows what he is talking about. And she doesn't want to have an accident just because she was too proud to admit that she might be wrong. To her surprise, he was right. The car really had some defects and needed repairing. Maybe having him around wouldn't be that bad. Shame he is not around now, so she could thank him for his willingness. Not many people would help you like this, especially when they don't know you.

Y/N's house is still a bit vacant, she didn't have time and effort to buy some new furniture to make it feel more like home. A few days ago, she ordered a few pieces like a sofa, a desk for her studying, and an office chair. They are supposed to deliver it today, and Y/N was anxiously waiting for the phone call from the delivery company. The call happened out of the blue when Y/N was in the middle of shopping in the local supermarket. It was said to her that the truck was already parked in front of her house. Y/N didn't remember if she ever shopped this fast ever before. She was sprinting through the quiet streets of Gland with two heavy bags in each hand. A perfect workout.

She quickly arrived at her house, already seeing the big truck. The driver was in deep conversation with someone, and when Y/N closer, she recognised the blond guy talking with the driver. Her heart fluttered, he is still here. He noticed her, sending her a warm smile. Y/N smiled too while trying to catch her breath, heavily wheezing.

"Miss L/N?" the driver asked, and Y/N nodded her head, not able to say anything, "your boxes are at the door. Can you please check if it's what you ordered?" Y/N went to her door, looking at the boxes. They were all fine, and she thanked the driver, who said his goodbyes before driving away.

"New furniture?" Mick asked, coming closer to Y/N.

"Yeah," Y/N simply answered, taking out her keys to unlock the door. She left the door open and picked up one of the many boxes that were on the ground.

"Woah, wait, I can help you with that," he immediately offered, seeing that Y/N is struggling a bit with the heavy box.

"Thank you, but I can do it," she assured him, "I can imagine that you must be very busy and I don't want to bother you."