15 - George Russell ✔

I just wanted to suprise you

For:WiktoriaSzyncowicz

"Are you sure you can do this?" Valtteri asked his younger college George with a hint of hesitation.

"Yes, it can't be hard, can be?" George shrugged, looking at shopping bags in the kitchen.

"But we are not talking about scrumbled eggs or something like that. This is cheesecake, ultimate one. And you are not Romain." Valtteri sighed in frustration.

"Yep, ultimate cake for ultimate girl." George smiled brightly, "I can do it Val, I believe in myself."

"Well good luck with that mate."

"Thanks, bye," George hung up and got ready for baking He took things out of the bags, put on his apron, and started to read a recipe for an ultimate cheescake.

"So...in a mixing bowl combine the ingredients with a fork until...evenly moistened? What that means? Lightly coat the bottom and sides of an..8-inch springform pan? What the hell?" he frowned when he was reading the recipe, not able to understand a single word, "Whatever, I'll just put everything together...excellent and now mix it up...why is that dough so firm? What with that now? Milk! Lots of milk," George happily exclaimed as he opened the fridge. He grabbed a bottle of milk and poured the whole box into the bowl, "yep that's enough. And now mix, mix, mix!" he muttered to himself and put his hands into the dough, "Oh I probably put too much milk. That's nasty! Damn, now I made a big mess here, I should clean it up. But first of all, I'll pour the dough to the form...nice. Oven to 325 degrees F...and done! Cheescake is in the oven and now I have free time before it will be baked. Wow, that was a challenge. I need a nap." George yawned and went to the bedroom. He lay on the bed and closed his eyes with a relieving feeling that he did something good. His peaceful dreaming  was interrupted by his phone. Lewis was calling him, "Hey Lew, what's up?"

"Hey mate, I heard from Valtteri that you are trying to bake something. How it's going?"

"Baking? What ba- oh shit! Hang on!" George slapped his forehead and ran to the kitchen as fast as he could. As soon as he arrived to the kitcehn, a terrible smell of burnt pastry hit his nose, "Oh no, no, no!" he whined while he took something that was supposed to be cheesecake out of the oven and put it on the table. Then he picked up the phone once again.

"What happened?"

"I burnit. It's completely black and smell really bad." George sighed, running his hand thorugh his hair in frustration, "I completely fucked up. Valtteri was right, I bit more than I could chew."

"I'm sorry to hear that man." George didn't know what to say, he was really
disappointed in himself. He wanted to surprise his girlfriend. Instead of that, he messed up everything. Suddenly he heard someone opening the front door, and he knew exactly knew who is it.

"Shit, Y/N is here," he swore, nervousness spreading through his whole body.

"It's gonna be good George. At least you tried." Lewis showed his support for the young driver, who just hummed quiet thanks and hung up.

"Hey baby," George greeted you, trying to not let you notice anything.

"Hey...are you Ok? And what's that smell?" you scrunched up your nose.

"Oh well...how to say it.., he lightly stammered which made you raised your eyebrows, "no wait, don't go there!" he shouted, but it was too late. You were already in the kitchen, seeing all the mess George has made.

"You were...baking," you whispered when you were looking around the kitchen and saw the absolutely dark cake on the table, "ultimate cheesecake...wow," was all you could say when you were reading the recipe, surprised by the confidence of your boyfriend.

"You always bake me something tasty. I wanted to do the same for you...and I failed," George sighed and looked to the ground.

"You are such a dummie. You know what? Let's go shopping and then I'll teach you how to bake," you suggested, and George couldn't say no.