28 - Charles Leclerc ✔

You are not alone.

For: musicalem21

"Now my body and mind are so distant
Don't know how to escape from this prison
How can I free my mind?
Cause I can't breathe."
i can't breathe; Bea Miller

-

Being a singer always has been your dream. You started singing from the time you said your first word. You loved all the tones and melodies. When you became older, you persuaded your parents to find you a vocal coach. Singing is your passion, your everything, and you want to be best in it.

Your mom and dad are very loving and supportive, but they never thought that being a singer is the right job for you. There are plenty of talented artists and it's so hard to break into this industry. And if you do, you can be very easily forgotten. But performing on the stage is everything you have ever wanted, it was your passion. That was also the reason why you decided to try X-Factor. You knew that you can sing, but still, you were shaking with nervousness and anxiety because it was the first time performing in front of the large crowd. Luckily your parents were there with you, supporting you as much as they could. Standing ovations and four yeses gave you a huge confidence boost for the next rounds. You were full of energy during fun songs, but also full of emotions when it came to sad songs. People adored you, and thanks to their votes, you won the whole competition.

Then everything was like a dream. You signed a contract with a famous recording company, and you released your first song which was a huge success. Then you had your first tour in Europe. During your performance in Monaco, you met certain Charles Leclerc, a GP3 driver. Although you knew nothing about motorsport, it was love at first sight. You started dating, his family loved you. Your life looked perfect. 

But not for long. First, you lost your voice for a few weeks. It looked like no big deal, but you had to cancel a few performances because of that. Everything started being much more stressful and you were ill much more often. You had no inspiration for new songs, and when you had, it usually ended up in the bin. Next to that, your relationship with Charles became toxic. He was more and more successful, so you became very distant. When you wanted comfort and crying shoulder, he was on the other side of the world. He left you alone in all this misery. Being a singer suddenly became a nightmare, you felt like you can't breathe anymore, everything you did was wrong. When you felt that you need to finally break free, you broke up with Charles and moved to Switzerland. Fresh mountain air together with a therapist helped you get back on your feet. Your previous suffering inspired you to write a song called I can't breathe. It is simple, but a very emotional song, you poured your heart into it.

"I'm nervous," you admitted to your PR team when it was just a few minutes before the release of your new track. You were excited to come back but also afraid of the reactions. If there will be any

"They will love it, don't worry." Guys were right, your fans adored it. They also left lots of comments, mostly positive and full of love. It helped you to see the light in the darkness.

-

You were thinking about lyrics to your new song when someone knocked o n the door. You put the pen on the table and went to the door. Charles. He was the last person you would expect to come to you. You haven't talked since your break-up, there wasn't no time or effort. But you would lie if you said that you don't miss him.

"Charles, hey," you awkwardly said. You haven't seen him in years so you didn't know what is he now doing and how you should act towards him.

"Was I the reason why you couldn't breathe?" Your eyes widened at his question, you didn't expect him to be this direct. No greetings, no small talk, straight to the point.

"Have you h-"

"I have. Of course, I have Y/N, you know I love your songs. I even set an alarm to be the first one who will hear your comeback. Although it was breaking my heart listening to it." You had to blush when he confessed that he still cares about you and he is watching you. And you don't even know if he is still racing or not.

"You were...one of the reasons. There were more things: illness, lack of inspiration, stress. I just needed to run away from this world," you explained your story while you let your ex inside your new house.

"But you could tell me about everything..."

"How? You were travelling all the time because of racing. You were barely at home and when you were, you were switching between the simulator and the gym. Sometimes I forgot how you look. You weren't there when I needed you the most. Nobody was...I was alone." All the emotion you were holding inside is suddenly out. Everything you have been feeling for those years. All the tears you have been holding in are out.

"Hey, hey, look at me," Charles came closer to you. He lifted your chin with his fingers to make you look at him, "you are not alone. I was a shitty boyfriend I know, I didn't see your suffering. But I realised everything when you left. I love you Y/N, I've never stopped loving you and I miss you every single day. And the only thing I wish for is having you back in my arms." Tears also appeared in his beautiful ocean eyes. You wanted to hear those words so badly because you've never stopped loving him either.

"Kiss me. If you miss me."  Charles didn't hesitate a second and softly placed his lips on yours. How much you missed the taste of his lips.

You broke apart after a few seconds because you couldn't breathe. But it was because of very different reasons.