People Watching - Robert Shwartzman ✔

For: why-are-you-here-

Inspired by: People Watching; Conan Gray

-

Y/N was sitting on the park bench in the famous park called Hyde Park that one can find in the capital city of the United Kingdom, London. It was a race week or rawe ceek, how Formula 1 fans would say. This time, the F1 circus is moving to one and only Silverstone, the place where it all started. And Y/N, as a member of an F1 media team, will be there.

Being a sports journalist has always been Y/N's dream. She sacrificed everything, she worked her ass off for years and years to be like one of her idols, Natalie Pinkham. There were happy times but also hard ones when nothing seemed to go as it should. But Y/N never gave up, she knew what she wants, and she knew she can achieve it.

And here she is now, travelling all around the world, watching Grand Prixs and talking to drivers. At first, there was an obvious nervousness from her side. We can't blame her, she used to see all these people only on the screen, and now she talks to them on daily basis. It's a real dream come true for Y/N, although everything is not always positive.

"Y/N?" she lifted her head to see one of the Formula 2 drivers, Robert Shwartzman. Y/N's cheek turned slightly pinkish, it was no secret to her fellow colleagues that she has a not so tiny crush on a Russian superstar. Y/N would dare to say that they are pretty good friends, they seem to understand each other. But that's all.

However, there was this night of one party Y/N got invited in. It was probably the only time when Y/N was truly alone with Robert without racing buzz all around, they could do whatever they wanted because they weren't working for once. A lot of alcohol was involved, way too much. Robert said things and did stuff that made Y/N's heart flutter.

But how she wished he was sober that moment they were dancing so closely that you wouldn't put a paper between them, his hands being all over her body. For a single brief moment, she even believed she might have a chance with him. Until she met him the next day, finding out he doesn't remember a single moment. She couldn't even describe how much it hurt when he apologised if he was being too touchy, it wasn't him that night.

"Hey, Robert!" Y/N exclaimed, maybe a bit too enthusiastically that she should. But try to blame her when there is a literal greek god right in front of her.

"What are you up to?" he asked as he sat right next to her on the bench. Their shoulders lightly brushed, which made Y/N's adrenaline raise.

"People watching," Y/N simply said, earning a frown from Robert, "you think I'm crazy, I know. But I'm just sitting here, watching all these happy families, couples in love and imagining for how long they are together, where they met, what is their favourite place to go on a date. It's fun to step back from reality and let the fantasy take over."

"No, I wasn't trying to say that you are crazy or a maniac," Robert chuckled, "but it's a bit of a weird type of entertainment, I have to admit that."