22 - Lance Stroll ✔

I made a mistake, and I'm so sorry

For EmilyJanuzaj

"Y/N? Y/N!" Felipe waved in front of your eyes to wake you up from your thoughts.

"What?" you asked confusedly, blinking a few times. You have been Felipe Massa's PR manager for 3 years now, and you absolutely love your job. You and Felipe are great friends, and you also sometimes babysit his son Felipinho, who is the loveliest kid alive. 

"I asked you how many interviews I had left. But your mind is clearly not present. What's wrong, Y/N? Are you tired? Something is bothering you?" You wanted to say something and come up with some basic excuse. Then you saw your childhood friend and the reason for your recent behaviour approaching you two. 

"Hey, Felipe!" Lance shouted and enthusiastically waved at his teammate.

"Uhm..hi Y/N," his smile faded when he noticed you standing next to a Brazilian driver. You used to be close, very close. That caused catching feelings for the young Canadian. Recently, you picked up all the courage and confessed your love. But instead of a positive answer, he laughed into your face and broke your heart in two.

"Hi," you mumbled, looking into your notes. Felipe's eyes were flickering between two young friends, sensing that something serious had happened between them.

"Uhm...Felipe, can I talk with you, please?" Lance asked and nervously scratched the back of his neck. Brazilian nodded his head, and both Wiliams drivers walked away, leaving you standing alone in the hallway. You were eager to find out what Lance wants to tell his teammate, and you started to follow them. They entered the storage and closed the door behind them. When you made sure that the door is closed, you came closer. You put your ear on the door, listening to their conversation.

"So..what's wrong?" Felipe asked, and you heard Lance sigh.

"You know, something terrible happened between me and Y/N. I told her something mean, I broke her heart. I terribly regret it and I want to apologise to her. But I don't know how, I don't want to  cuz she doesn't want to talk with me.  I was wondering, if you can help me."

"I don't know amigo, really don't. Maybe try to talk to her again, tell her everything. Let your heart speak, I think she'll understand it. I know that I didn't help you very much, but as I said, I don't know how it is." You were glued to the door when Lance opened it, and he hit you very hard. You let out a cry and hold your head, which hurt like hell. There will be some nasty bump later.

"Oh shit, I am sorry, I didn't see you...Y/N, what are you doing here? Were you listening behind the door?" Lance stared at you in surprise. You opened your mouth but closed it immediately. You simply didn't know what to tell him that he doesn't already know.

"I think now it's a great time for you to  talk," Felipe said and pushed you and his teammate into the same room, and before you two could realise what is going on, you heard the door lock.

"Felipe, what the fuck?" You screamed, knocking on the door, "if this is some kind of joke I can assure you that it's not funny at all," you kept knocking on the door but Felipe didn't open them, "open the fucking door, Massa. Don't you fucking mess with me," still nothing, "wait, till I see you, you are fucking dead," you growled and leaned against the door, letting down a sigh, "great," you mumbled and crossed your arms over your chest, "simply amazing. Is this what he told you to do? Lock me up, so I can't escape while you'll be feeding me up with your bullshits?"

"Y/N, I am..." he started, but you didn't let him finish.

"I have had feelings for you for 6 years. Fucking 6 years, can you imagine, how long it is? And when I finally decided to tell you about it, you laughed into my face! The man I love fucking laughed into my face and told me how stupid I was to think that we could be something. You broke my heart Lance, you fucking hurt me. You can't expect that saying sorry will solve everything. I need time. So whatever are you going to say is not gonna throw me into your arms, just to be clear." you finished your monolog, and Lance just stared at you, surprise by your strong language. It wasn't the first time he heard you swear, but he definitely didn't expect this kind of outburst.

"I was drunk," he whispered, closing the distance between you. You would lie if you said that this sudden closeness was doing nothing to you, but you were doing everything to not show it on your face.

"Alcohol is not an excuse," you glared at him and tried to push him away, but he is much stronger than you.

"Listen, I made a mistake, and I am so sorry. I was wrecked and wasn't thinking. I didn't mean anything of it, and I'm ashamed of my behaviour. But the truth is that I'm head over heels for you Y/N L/N." he said and started to play with your hair, looking deeply into your eyes, "I was just fucking stupid to not admit it and instead of that, I laughed into your face. I don't know what I was thinking. I feel so embarrassed because that wasn't me. The real me is in love with you but was way too scared to admit it. And when you confessed

"I don't believe you. I need a prove." you coldly said, getting his hand out of your hair. Your heart fluttered upon his confession, but still, you were unsure. Does it really mean it, or he just wants you to feel better?

"You want a prove? Ok, here you are," he grinned and before you realised it, you feel his lips on yours. You were waiting for this damn long time, and it's finally here. At that moment, it was just you and him, smooching in the storage. Then you pulled him into a very tight hug.

"Do you know that it will take more than just one kiss to get my love and trust?" you mumbled. Lance just chuckled and placed a kiss on your forehead.

"I do."