19 - Mitch Evans ✔

Rain is romantic, don't you think?

For: Myracingpassion

-

"I'm home, darling!" you yelled when you came back from work. You took off your coat and shoes before your eyes met with your boyfriend's. A huge smile appeared on your face and you wrapped him in the tight hug.

"Hi love, how was your day?" your boyfriend Mitch asked and put a kiss on your forehead.

"It was exhausting but alrigh. But I'm happy that is finally weekend," you smiled and kiss his lips, "and I can finally spend my time with you."

You two have been together for 3 years now. You met on the plane. Mitch was travelling to one of his races and you were a flight attendant on that flight. It was love at first sight, it was like being striked by a lightning. As you are both pretty busy, it was hard for you to find time for dating. At some point it looked like you are not meant to be. But when everything came together, it was the best feeling one could imagine. Since that, everything went fast. Now you are living together in Auckland, a beautiful town in New Zealand. You also supported him on some of his races in Formula E. It was something unusual, but you would support Mitch even if he was racing with tractors.

-

"I was thinking that we can drive somewhere to enjoy the weekend," he suggested while you were eating his homemade dinner he made for you. You work till evening, not having a time to cook something. So when Mitch is at home, he is the chef.

"Sounds great. Have you thought where?" you asked with a grin. It was a long time since you drive somewhere to just spend time together and you like the idea to relax from everything.

"Yeah, what about some place in the nature? Far away from people, just you and I?" he smiled widely and you did the same.

"That sounds awesome, honey."

-
You were standing next to the window, looking out of the window. Saturday was simply splendid. You were just roaming around the nature, enjoying nice and warm weather. You even had a picnic, it was a prefect day. And today? The weather is the complete opposite. The rain is pouring down since morning and it doesn't show any signs of stopping. You also noticed that Mitch is acting weirdly, you haven't seen him like this before. When you asked him about it  he assured you that everything is alright. You knew that he is lying to you but there was nothing you could do about it. It was making you sad that he doesn't trust you enough to tell you what is bothering him.

"Rain is romantic, don't you think?" you flinched when he put his hands around your waist and whispered to your ear, "I think that it's is fading down. Can we go outside now please?" you frowned, wondering why he needs to go now. His behaviour was really out of place.

"What are we going to do there?" you asked but he just sent you mischevious smile.

 "You'll see."

-

"Hey, there is a rainbow!" you shouted enthusiastically and pointed to a beautiful mix of colours in the sky.

"This is a perfect moment," he murmured and grabbed both your hands, making you raise your eyebrows, "Y/N, you are the smartest, kindest, funniest, and most beautiful person I've ever met. If I had to name all your positive qualities you have, I would be here very long. You are too perfect for this word and I'm so happy that I can be with you. So, I'd love to ask you," he knelt down, taking a small box from his pocket. Tears started to run down your cheeks, "Y/N L/N will you mary me?"

"YES, YES, YES," you shouted and he slipped a ring on your finger. You jumped into his arms and kissed him passionately, "I love you. I love you so fricking much."

"I love you too, future Mrs. Evans. More than you can ever imagine."