13 - Carlos Sainz Jr. (Part 1) ✔

We are going to be a fake couple?

For esmeemaria

"You can't be serious," you mumbled when you opened one of the letters you found in a postbox. It was an invitation to your ex-boyfriend's sister E/S/N wedding. You and she aren't good friends, and you are not dating her brother anymore. Not after he cheated on you and broke your heart. You couldn't understand why would she do that. She probably wants to humiliate her, make her re-open old wounds. In that case, thank you very much for the invitation, but I won't come. And E/S/N don't believe that you would come anyway. You were drowned in your thoughts when you suddenly heard a loud bang coming from your bedroom.

"This day can't be worse," you groaned when you found the parts of your bookshelf together with all your books l on the ground. When you were grabbing books, you got an excellent idea. You picked your phone to call your friend Carlos.

"What broke today?" he asked immediately, which made you smile. Carlos, besides being a Formula 1 driver, is also your repairman. When something breaks down in your house, you call him, and he repairs it. For free, which is very useful.

"My bookshelf is kaput. But that's not the only reason why am I calling you. I also want to talk with you about something."

"About what? Y/N, is everything alright?" he worriedly asked. He always cares a lot about you, but you don't know why. You don't know that he has a big crush on you.

"No, it's nothing serious, don't worry," you assured him. Even though you knew that the topic you want to talk about is a pretty big deal.

-

"Hola. I came as fast as I can. I'm gonna take a look at the bookshelf and then we can talk." he said, and you nodded. He started to work, and you watched him while being leaned against the doorframe. You like Carlos. A lot, to be honest. But you don't think that he is interested in you, not in the same way as you. There are a lot of beautiful girls around him, you have no chance to beat them. You are only his friend, an ordinary girl.

"So, I'm done, the bookshelf is like new," he said and clapped the dust from his hands.

"Thank you so much, Carlitos. I really appreciate that," you pulled him into a hug. When you broke apart, you saw that he slightly blushed, making your cheeks turn pinkish too.

"About what do you want to talk?" he asked after clearing his throat, acting as nothing happened.

"Do you remeber BF/N?" 

"That's impossible to forget him. Did he try to get you back? If he did I swear..."

"Carlos, stop. He didn't try to contact me. But that's not the point. His sister invited me to her wedding. I don't know why because we never were friends. I was plannig not to go but then I got an idea. I'm wondering how would BF/N react if I showed there with my boyfriend," you smirked, and his eyes widened.

"You...have a boy-boyfriend?" he stammered, and you rolled your eyes.

"I don't, silly. I would tell you if I had. But it's not too hard to find a fake boyfriend," you  emphasized fake, looking straight into Carlos' eyes. You wiggled your eyebrows in hope that Carlos would get it. But he didn't.

"And who did you find? Do I know him? It's someone from Formula 1? Please, don't tell that you choose Danill or Max. Or that hot neighboor who lives next door. Or.."

"OH MY GOD, Carlos! You really don't get it, do you?" you groaned, running your hands through your hair. Carlos just innocently shook his head, "I meant you."

"Wait, what?"

"Ok, let's try it one more time. I want you to go to my ex's sister's wedding with me and pretend that you are my boyfriend. Do you understand me now?"

"Yeah," he muttered, looking at his shoes.

"Aaand?"

"I'd love to be your fake boyfriend," he looked at you with a wide grin. Well, will be fun.