Part 42 (Bonus): Hospitality

Part 2/3 of the mini-arc. Hope you enjoy.

1 week after the fall.

I was in the kitchen cooking some pasta more specifically, spaghetti for everyone at the house.

Tai came around the corner.

Tai: Hey Y/n?

I looked at him. He didn't often come and talk to me directly. He was quite... what's the word. Distant towards me? I mean he never avoided me or anything but he would be rather observing of me.

Y/n: Yes?

Tai: Can I talk to you for a moment?

Y/n: (Smiling) Of course! Let me just put the gas on low and I'll be right there!

Tai: Okay. Quick, it's important.

He turned the corner and faced his room. I put the gas on low and started walking to where we were going to come together.

When I came to his bedroom I saw his room. It was a simplistic bedroom but there were a lot of framed pictures on the walls. I saw Tai sitting on his bed and looking at something.

Y/n: Hello Tai.

Tai: (Looks at me smiling) Hey, (gestures to spot next to him) Come sit here. Oh and lock the door.

I started sweating bullets. "He wasn't going to assassinate me was he?" I went and sat next to him.

Tai: So, How are you finding life in Patch so far?

Y/n: Oh it's actually amazing! There's lots of locals here and good places. Reminds me of a village. Sadly there aren't many Grimm here.

Tai: (Smiles) You sure love killing Grimm don't you?

Y/n: Of course! It's fun!

Tai: Well, since it is a small island there aren't many Grimm. Those that do make it here though are caught by other Huntsman.

Y/n: Hmm... That's fine. I don't mind the peaceful life right now. Its... peaceful.

Tai: Yeah, it's nice. (Looks out window) Sometimes boring though. What about Ruby and Yang? How are they?

Y/n: Umm, they're each great in their own way. Ruby's a great fighter, so Is Yang, I mean she isn't opening up to me at the moment. I can't blame her to be honest...

Tai: She just needs time, Y/n. I know she'll come back stronger from this.

Y/n: Yeah.. Umm, if it isn't too much to ask? Why did you call me up here.

Tai Sighed. He pulled out a picture of her and a woman. They were standing next to each other smiling with A woman with Red highlights putting her arm over Tai.

Tai pointed to the woman.

Tai: Do you know who this is?

Y/n: Is that Summer?

Tai: ...Yeah.

Y/n: Ruby talks about her sometimes. She seemed like an amazing person.

Tai: (Somber Smile) She was. She was an amazing fighter, always putting others before herself. She was special.

Y/n: Like Ruby.

Tai: Yes, and.. that's what worries me.

Y/n: I know what you mean. My uncle feels the same way with me.