Part 50: Travelling To Kuroyuri

We were all waiting to go. I was sitting alone on the tree stump. 8 was looking at everyone packing their stuff. We had breakfast already. Ruby came upto me with a cup.

Ruby: Umm, normally you make us this but I thought I'll make it for you today? [hands hot chocolate]

Y/n: Oh thanks.

Nora: OMG THAT'S SO CUUUUUUTTT-

Ruby: Sh-shut up!

He face had a tint of red. Me and Nora chuckled.

Y/n: [Takes a sip] Hmm, this is pretty good. (Not as good as mine of course)

Ruby: Watch one day mine will rival yours.

Y/n: [Grunts] Keep dreaming Ruby.

Qrow: I think we're all ready to go now. Jaune Help me carry Y/n. We're close in height.

Jaune: No thanks. Ren can you do it.

Ruby glared at Jaune. She had talked to him yesterday and he said he was sorry but he still had those same feelings from before.

Ruby: I'll do it. I'll take back.

Qrow: Okay. Let's go.

I sat on the stretcher and drank some hot chocolate.

4 hours later

The long walk had a few 5 minute breaks in between not that Ruby wanted to. Alot of the ride was asking Qrow questions about what was said yesterday. My condition was becoming extremely bad. Poison was something that I handled worse than regular people.

Ruby: Just hold on, Y/n.

Ruby and Qrow carry Y/n on a makeshift stretcher. Lie Ren is before them on the path, leading the way while Nora Valkyrie brings up the rear. Y/n is groaning in pain and is a touch delirious.

Y/n: uixnwuoakqnuxikskebh7dd

Y/n coughs repeatedly.

Jaune: He's getting worse.

Ruby: How much farther?

Nora: We've gotta be close.

Ren: Without the map, there's no way of knowing. But I feel like we're close to something.

Ren holsters StormFlower.

Ruby: What is it?

Directly ahead is a fork in the road with a signpost. They are coming from the direction of Higanbana. Kuchinashi and Mistral are to the right, where the land is mountainous. To the left is Kuroyuri, its name crossed out. The path that way remains low ground.

Nora: Hey, hey! Mistral! We're on the right path! Oh...

Ruby: Does it say how close?!

Ren: No. And it looks like the path takes us up the mountains.

Jaune and Ruby set Qrow down.

Jaune: Guys, I don't know if all of us can make that climb.

Ruby looks at Y/n, concerned, before rushing forward to the signpost.