Chapter 18- The story and new feelings

*JANES POV*
*FLASH BACK TO EARLIER AT SCHOOL*

"So where's Tric?"

Josh and I walked down the stairs to our next class. Thoughts still roamed in my mind about Catlin and what she has in store for me this year. She already humiliated me in front of mostly everyone this morning. I don't want to know what's next, I can only imagine.

"Sick," Josh answered, "stomach bug." I nodded. "That sucks."

Just then I felt two hands on my back and push my down the remaining 6 to 5 steps. All of my things fell out of my hands and the left side of my eye hit the edge of the railing.

My head exploded with excruciating pain and I couldn't see shit. Everything was fuzzy, even the noises of people were soft. The ground was just a color of a gray blob. I blinked a couple of times to try and get my vision back which was some what of a success. I then pushed up off the ground slowly and tried to stand up.

My head started to feel like it was splitting open. The pain was so much a stumbled backwards to be caught by someone.

"Jesus Jane are you alright?!" Josh asked helping me stand. He came over to my side and I grabbed the front of his shirt and the back slowly falling. He kept me up and to answer his question, I nodded.

"Wh-who pushed m-me?" I asked weakly.

I could hear heels click and the sound grew louder with each second.

I looked up to see Catlin standing in front of me with her hand on her hip smirking.

"Oh Jane still as stupid as when we first meet. Who pushed you? Obvious isn't it?" She giggled and walked closer to me.

I let go of Josh and backed away, terrified out of my mind. My eyes grew wide and I grabbed the railing for support.

Josh pushed her away lightly. "Leave her alone. Haven't you done enough?"

She stumbled a little and pouted. "Aww Joshy, why'd you push me? That's not very nice."

Josh's fingers almost curled into a fist which was unusual for him. He never gets that angry.

"I pushed you cause you're a bitch and won't leave Jane alone that's why."

My eyes grew wide with confusion and shock. I've never heard him in that tone before, it was kind of scary.

Just the boots clunked down the hall and some guy grabbed Josh by the collar of his shirt and lifter him, slamming him against the wall.

"What did you say to my girlfriend?!" The angry ape kid said. It was the quarterback of the football team, Hunter Miles. That's Catlin's boyfriend, 5'9, very build, brown hair and stupid as fuck.

Must of saw Josh 'push her.'

"No! Don't hurt him!" I yelled, even though the pain made me wince.

"Mr.Hunter Miles put that young man down!" I voice yelled. It was a teacher thank god. "Go to the office."

"But-" hunter protested but got cut off. "Now."

Hunter frowned and let go of Josh, more like threw him and walked down the hall. Josh sat up and rubbed his arm. He landed on it pretty hard.

The teacher looked at me with pure concern.

"You should go to the nurse young lady."

I nodded, knowing there was no use arguing.

The teacher kindly picked up my stuff that fell and walked me and Josh to the nurse.

When I walked past Catlin she said something that made me fear for my life.