Chapter 27- The day it began

*STILL FLASHBACK*
*JANES POV*

I closed the laptop and placed it on my desk. It's 11pm and my parents are already asleep which is a new for them. I looked around the room and felt like it was closing in on me. The darkness in my room that was never there before is now engulfing me. The quietness of my room creeps me out. The only thing breaking it is the constant buzzing of my phone. Don't these people have a life?

Sighing I got up and walked over to where I threw my phone. I picked it up and read the texts. 'Sister of an emo,' 'freak,' 'you'll never be good enough.'

Where's Josh's texts when you need them?

Just then my chest started to hurt. My heart was being stabbed, my chest felt like it was getting cut open and my throat was closing in. It felt like a straw. Imagine your throat being that small. Yeah, I know hurts doesn't it?

Tears started to fall from my eyes and I tried to wipe them up the best I could. Their just falling and they won't stop. It never ends.

"I am worthless." I whispered to myself with the amount of breath I had.

I got up slowly and made my way out of my room quietly as possibly. Just then, I felt a warm liquid go down my leg. I looked down to see I had cut my leg. I looked back at my desk and noticed the shape edge had blood on it.

How come I didn't feel it?

I went to the bathroom and slowly closed the door. I rummaged through the cabinet until I found my dad's razor. I twirled it around in my fingers.

Please let me feel something. I didn't even feel the desk cut me. Please.

I lifted up my shirt and pressed the cold metal on my skin. I started to cut, more and more.

It stopped the pain. It's stopping my pain. My chest stopped hurting and my throat opened up little by little. It's like taking one pain away, by creating a new one. It's making me feel again.

The warm, red, fluid that dropped down my stomach was dripping onto the floor. Quickly, I got paper towels and wiped up my stomach. Once I stopped bleeding, I wiped up the floor.

Once everything was clean I made my way out of the bathroom slowly and quickly got into my room.

I placed the razor in a drawer under some socks and just stared at the ceiling.

From that night on, I didn't sleep.

*ABOUT 2 WEEKS LATER*

I put on my My Chemical Romance jumper, black jeans, and sneakers. I grabbed my bag and headed into the kitchen where I was greeted by my mother who was making pancakes.

"Morning sweetie did you sleep well?"

I nodded lying. "Yup, I actually feel pretty good."

She smiled and handed me a plate with pancakes and strawberries.

If you want to know the truth, I didn't sleep well, in fact I didn't even sleep at all. For one week I got no sleep because, well you know, and this week I slept once. I could tell it was affecting me, I was a lot paler, so much skinner, and I was bitter.

I moved the pancakes around to make it look like I ate them and hopped away from the table and left for school.

"Bye!" I said, and left. I walked over to Josh's house and waited for the bus with him.

"Hey." He said as he stood next to me.

"Hey." I breathed out.

"How was your break? I can see you got a new shirt."