Chapter 1

Chapter 1: Won't Betray the Gourmet Food, Cannon Fodder Gong

Once again, the baked cake came out of the oven. Master Zhao squeezed his somewhat sore shoulders and looked at the other people around. Most them had their heads buried, and they were all busy. He thought the atmosphere in the kitchen today was too dull.

He looked up at the clock on the wall and it was already four o'clock in the afternoon. Uncertain, Master Zhao looked around a lap, and not see the usual noisy figure, the doubt grew greater in his heart.

With his elbow, he hit the apprentice next to him. Master Zhao asked, "Little Zhou, Wei Han, that silly kid? I haven't seen his shadow all day. Usually he always hang around in front of my eyes. What, is he too lazy to come to work today?"

Little Zhou seized by the two sensitive words "Wei Han", quivered from head to foot, and lowered his voice. "Shh! Master Zhao, you should lower your voice a bit. Be careful that you're not heard by the store manager. You can't mention Big Brother Wei. He's a big taboo."

"That silly kid became a taboo?" Master Zhao heard it and became silly.

Little Zhou sighed. "Ai, Master Zhao, you weren't in the store yesterday. It's no wonder you don't know. Big Brother Wei was driven out by our stingy store manager. The two also took a trip to the police station."

"What? What happened? Quickly tell me."

Little Zhou nodded his head and put his mouth to Master Zhao's ear. "Yesterday morning, Big Brother Wei's friend specially came to find him. Big Brother Wei immediately put down his work and happily walked past. Afterwards, who knows what the two people talked about, but that man had just left when Big Brother Wei rushed into our kitchen. His complexion was very pale, and he grabbed the unfinished cake at hand and bit it. He finished after a few bites, and carried on eating the next one."

Master Zhao froze for a few seconds. "...Did he suddenly starved to death and reincarnated as a ghost that hadn't eaten meat for several days?"

"Uh...maybe."

"Anyway, one after the other, whether it's cake, biscuits, egg tart, or pizza, whatever Big Brother Wei saw, he ate. Everyone was frightened by him and came forward to stop him. But who knew where his big strength came from, he simply couldn't be stopped," Little Zhou went on.

This time, Master Zhao couldn't even joke, and stared with wide eyes, "This...this was what Little Wei did? I see he's always been upright and honest before. Even when he's bullied by our stingy store manager, he doesn't say anything. Head of melon seeds, lacking in muscles, he's too silly."

In Master Zhao's impression, Wei Han never arrived late, worked hard and was enthusiastic. In addition to making cakes and sweets, usually he also helped wipe the tables and cabinets and cleaned the kitchen. He was a kid who bustled in the kitchen and never stayed idle.

There were a lot of times when the store manager took Wei Han as free labor. Not only did he make him work overtime, but he instructed him to do a lot of the heavy drudgery, and also deliberately deducted his wages. Wei Han laughed "hehe" and didn't feel like complaining. Who knew whether he was really silly or pretending to be silly.

"I haven't finished talking yet, there's more! Afterwards, the store manager hurriedly rushed over and when Big Brother Wei saw the store manager, his expression turned terrible. He shouted out his resignation, but also roared out all the grievances in the past few years, saying, 'the ruthless fear the unreasonable, the unreasonable fear the rash, the rash fear those not wanting life'. The store manager was so angry his eyeballs almost burst out, but he didn't dare to step forward. Finally, he called the police and they came before this matter was settled."