Chapter 39

Chapter 39: Dorae-fan

Because Dad Qi and Mother Wei were still coming over for dinner that night, so the two didn't continue to be naughty. From the master bedroom on the second floor, Qi Zhifan led Wei Han downstairs to the kitchen.

Wei Han saw with one look that the kitchen utensils were almost all new. Compared to the small apartment he used to live in, this place was particularly clean and tidy, but cold and unfriendly, lacking a home's atmosphere.

Qi Zhifan rarely cooked for himself, and Young Master Qi said that he wouldn't eat anything other than egg fried rice. It wasn't that he couldn't learn, but that he was too lazy to learn. Qi Zhifan, who placed money above all else, didn't want to waste time cooking.

Wei Han was still very clear on this point.

After rummaging through the meat and vegetables in the plastic bags, Wei Han smiled and nodded. "Not bad. Odd Trouble, you're quite filial: you've bought a lot of the vegetables that mom and Uncle Qi likes to eat."

Then, Wei Han rolled up his sleeves, washed his hands and prepared to cook when Qi Zhifan called him to stop, "Wei Han, wait."

"What's up?"

"I have something to give you."

Soon, Qi Zhifan took out a lacy and meng apron with Doraemon printed on it.

Wei Han: "......"

Gosh, Qi Zhifan seemed to be getting stranger and stranger, this girlish heart...

Qi Zhifan slightly hooked his lips. This could be considered as him giving a small surprise to Wei Han. From the time he'd started living here, he'd already planned on having Wei Han also live here later. This was the house he'd bought for himself and Wei Han, their "home".

Now that the other owner, Wei Han, had finally come in, their two-person home was also complete. Starting from today, he'd let Wei Han cook for him everyday, cook for him for a lifetime.

Seeing Wei Han still hadn't taken it yet, Qi Zhifan said, "What are you blanking out for? Quickly put it on. Or do you want me to help you?"

"No...no need." Helpless, Wei Han could only obediently put it on.

Although he would like to refuse, but the cartoon character on it was his favorite Blue Fatty. Plus, Qi Zhifan must have prepared it in advance, so Wei Han also didn't want to disappoint his intentions.

While Wei Han was cooking, Qi Zhifan supported from the side, helping him to wash and cut up the vegetables, beat the eggs, and so on.

"Eh, Odd Trouble, you really aren't going out?"

In the previous two years when they were still living together with Dad Qi and Mother Wei, Wei Han also cooked food for them almost everyday, but he had never seen Qi Zhifan take the initiative to enter the kitchen to help him because Qi Zhifan quite disliked the smoky smell and greasy feeling of the kitchen.

Qi Zhifan shook his head. "I'll accompany you."

"Oh," Wei Han faintly responded and lowered his head, beginning to cook. He was a little embarrassed, and a little more than a hint of sweetness seeped into his heart.

During the process, Qi Zhifan quietly observed Wei Han's serious appearance when cooking, and also silently noted the steps he took to cook each dish, plotting something else in his mind.

At 7 o'clock in the evening, Dad Qi and Mother Wei came over. A family eating this dinner joyously and harmoniously was quite perfect and satisfying.

After dinner, Dad Qi and Mother Wei talked with their two sons for a while. They didn't plan to spend the night and would drive back soon after.