Chapter 59

Chapter 59: Extra 1 – Odd Trouble's Birthday

Two years later, S City.

A police car was heading for the local detention center. In the car, Wei Han and Zhao Xi were sitting in the backseat.

Zhao Xi was a bit nervous, putting her hands on her knees and sitting upright. There's nothing to be done: she was a newcomer and had officially entered the police for less than a year. But Wei Han seemed to be very optimistic about her and always took her to carry out some tasks.

In contrast, now that there was no Sergeant Lu staring at him from the side, Wei Han was a lot more casually lazy. He cocked his legs, and held his chin with one hand while looking at the scenery outside the car window.

Gradually, Wei Han's eyes relaxed completely. Zhao Xi from the side glanced at him and also didn't know what he was thinking.

The world was impermanent. Many things could happen over two years, especially in their police force. Lu Pengda, Sergeant Lu, was seriously injured and became a vegetative person. He was still lying in the hospital.

Also as a police officer, Qi Hao had gone out on a task. Unfortunately, his leg was ruined and now he walked with a limp. The whole family was upset for a while. Afterwards, Mother Wei cheered herself up and no longer helped at her friend's work. She became interested in flowers and opened up her own flower shop.

Of course, in addition to these unhappy things, there were certainly good things happening around Wei Han.

Jiang Chengrui repeatedly made meritorious deeds, and he was promoted, his salary also increasing. He was transferred to the adjacent Z City Criminal Police Brigade, where he broke several large cases. His impatient 'wife' Pei Yuyang also eagerly scampered after him. Relying on the Pei family's backing and his own efforts, he was now the general manager of a local jewelry company.

Chu Chuanyao dated with his university classmate for two years. Although they weren't always together in the period in between, but they still had a good ending. They'd just gone to register their marriage last month. Wei Han estimated that the couple were on their honeymoon in Paris.

Leng Yan said that he'd found his childhood savior and ran to zoo twice every three days.

Soon, Wei Han arrived at the city detention center. The high walls of the detention center, the towering surveillance towers, and the gates with heavily-armed guards were a solemn spectacle.

Wei Han took Zhao Xi into the interrogation room. Then, a fierce, bald-headed man was brought into the interrogation room by a prison guard and sat down in a dedicated chair.

This man on death row was Huang Chengming. Previously, he'd tried to shoot Wei Han in the process of resisting arrest. Fortunately, at the critical juncture, the bullet got jammed and he was arrested. At the time of the preliminary trial, Huang Chengming had refused to answer any questions, and refused to confess to the extent that the average interrogator was driven to their wits' end.

At this moment, facing Wei Han who he'd only seen three days ago, Huang Chengming's indifferent expression and attitude seemed indistinguishable from before. He simply wanted to ignore everyone.

Zhao Xi slightly knitted her brows. Seeing Huang Chengming's eyes lifted up, his gaze fixed on a certain aimless place, it seemed as though his thoughts had floated out of this 10-square meter interrogation room.

Having long anticipated that he would have such an attitude, Wei Han calmly asked, "Huang Chengming, I gave you three days to consider. Have you thought it through?"

"......" Huang Chengming, keeping with the previous routine, blindly chose silence.

Wei Han had a slightly provocative smile. "At that time, our two guns were pointed at each other's heads, and you weren't afraid. But how have you become like a coward at this moment?"