Chapter 38

Chapter 38: "Brothers" Cohabitation

At 10 o'clock in the morning, without Jiang Chengrui's knowledge, Pei Yuyang had already put Jiang Chengrui's clothes in his car and then cheerfully driven back home.

Afterwards, Wei Han also packed and Qi Zhifan also brought his car over. Since moving out of the house, Qi Zhifan was also happily alone and carefree, living in a mansion and driving a sports car. The wealthy were very capricious.

"Odd Trouble, can you take me to the station first?"

Qi Zhifan looked him up and down, knitting his brows, "With your appearance as it is, you still want to go there and get tossed around? Aren't you afraid people would be able to discover something?"

His voice hadn't fallen when Wei Han's legs couldn't stop a tremble from running through. Somewhat awkwardly, he gave two dry coughs: "cough cough. Don't worry, I usually exercise so it's not a problem. Since I ran away last night, I have to go back and give an account. Ai, I'm considered as being absent without leave. I'd definitely be given a demerit, and who knows if there will also be some disciplinary action. I just hope that I won't be dismissed."

"You'll be alright."

Seeing Wei Han deeply worried and sick at heart, Qi Zhifan simply blurted out these three words.

"How can I be alright?" Wei Han looked suspicious. Avoiding it wasn't a solution, so he still braced himself and gave Jiang Chengrui a call from his cell phone.

As soon as it connected, Jiang Chengrui's complaining voice came over, "Fuck, Silly Han, you actually still know how to call me. Why don't you calculate how long you've been missing?"

Wei Han weakly said, "I'm sorry ah, Little Jiang, I also don't want this. But last night was an emergency. Qi Zhifan, he..."

Seeing Wei Han a little hesitant, Jiang Chengrui also said in understanding, "I knew that it was related to your brother Qi Zhifan. I've said more than once before: every time you meet him, you'd become a stupid person."

Wei Han: "......"

"Ai, actually, I'm not very angry now. I thought you were missing, but Qi Zhifan called and said that you were there. I was also a little relieved."

"Ah?" Wei Han looked up at Qi Zhifan beside him and asked again, "It turns out that he's already told you? When was this?"

"Early this morning, when I was dozing off."

"Oh oh." Wei Han nodded and gave Qi Zhifan a profound glance.

"Little Jiang, Leader Lu, he...did he blow up?" Speaking of the no-nonsense Sergeant Lu, Wei Han lowered his voice even more.

"Last night, he was quick to blow up. That look...if you had dared to appear in front of him, it's estimated that you'd really be ripped apart alive! But today, he suddenly received a notification from a superior, and I also don't know what it was, but in short, his face eased up a lot."

"Then my matter, was there any disciplinary action that came down from above?"

"There's no action for the time being. I've been worrying about your matter, but after waiting for a long time, there was still no reaction from those above. They just told you to come to the bureau on time tomorrow. Silly Han, do you have someone covering you from higher up?" Jiang Chengrui was a little curious.

"Uh..." Wei Han looked at Qi Zhifan again and suddenly understood somewhat.

"I...I'm also not too sure." Wei Han hurriedly changed the topic, "Right, Little Jiang, don't return to the apartment after work tonight; just go directly to Pei Yuyang's house. I think he should come to pick you up at night too."