Chapter 56

Chapter 56: "Beautiful Wife" Chases After the "Cowardly Husband"

"Brother Zhifan, grandpa has always loved you so much. You know...you know he'd be furious if he knows. Then Wei Han and grandpa: who are you going to choose?" Wu Yunqi asked cautiously, her eyes full of worry.

Qi Zhifan looked distracted for a moment and faintly said, "You're still young. You don't understand this kind of thing."

"Who says I don't understand!" Wu Yunqi immediately retorted, "I overheard my parents say more than once that uncle didn't listen to him, so grandpa doesn't want to see uncle now. If it wasn't for aunt giving birth to you, then he might not even have any relations with your family even until he dies."

Wei Han outside the door heard this and his face turned pale.

Indeed, the status of the Qi family's Old Master Qi in the entire family was high. In the prime of his youth, Qi Hao repeatedly rebelled against his father and didn't want to inherit his family business, instead choosing to be a police officer. He even insisted on marrying Mother Qi, who had no background. Both father and son were of a stubborn character, so they broke off their relations like this.

But later, because of the appearance of Qi Zhifan this grandson, the father and son relationship eased slightly, and the other family members dared to come into contact with their family.

But what about him and Qi Zhifan? He was not only the older brother in name of Qi Zhifan, but they were also two grownup men. He also couldn't give birth to a great-grandson to invite the Old Master's fondness.

With the mention of the Qi family's Old Master, the topic became increasingly heavy. Qi Zhifan rubbed the space between his brows and then covered the little cousin with the quilt. "Well, Yunqi, it's already late, you should sleep."

"Brother Zhifan..." Wu Yunqi whispered. Also seeing Qi Zhifan's difficulties, she didn't go on. "Well, good night."

After the little cousin left, another three days passed.

This morning, Qi Zhifan drove Wei Han to the Qi family grand mansion. After retiring, Old Master Qi wanted to live quietly and moved out from the bustling downtown and bought a house in the southwestern scenic area.

Separated by a black fence, Wei Han kept thinking that once they laid their cards on the table, wouldn't the elderly Old Master burst into rage ah? And the consequences were a little hard to imagine.

Suddenly, Wei Han grabbed the corner of Qi Zhifan's clothing. "Odd Trouble, my...my head's a little dizzy."

"Dizzy?" Qi Zhifan was a little speechless. "Then are your eyes also blurred?"

Wei Han immediately nodded, rubbing his temples and half-squinting his eyes. "Mhm, that's it. I can see overlapping images! So I want to go back and rest. We'll come back another day."

Words finished, Wei Han wanted to turn his head and body around, but the next second, Qi Zhifan caught him. "Hey, to this side. I can take you inside to rest."

"Aiyo!" Wei Han cried out, hurriedly squatting down with his eyebrows and eyes all scrunching together. "Odd Trouble, my...my stomach hurts."

Qi Zhifan's brows shook and he pulled him up again. "Rest assured, my grandfather has a doctor. Even if you have more illnesses, he can cure them for you."

"Uh..." Wei Han was silly, his eyes turning around. "Odd Trouble, I've gained weight recently. Wait...wait until I'm thinner before we come back ah!"

Voice hadn't fallen when Wei Han broke free of Qi Zhifan and suddenly ran away.