Past

⋅🎩⋅

Tante Heleen was a woman of precise clothing and organisation

Tante Heleen was a woman of precise clothing and organisation. Always had the best pedicured nails and hair styled to perfection, and today was no different.

Sat at her desk, scratching ink into parchment she looked spotless. Something she prided herself on. And something Leo hated.

Her bouncer just wondered out the door for a split second, and that was all it took. All it took for Leo to jump down from the rafters that held the ceiling together, and slam the door shut. Locking it tight.

The woman at the desk shot up at the bang, not hearing the girl hit the floor from her jump down, she was quiet as a mouse.

"Tante Heleen!" Leo smiled wide, sarcastically of course. Opening her arms out wide as if she was showing off her presence to the woman. "How are you darling? long time no see, eh?" She said amused, more so at the woman's frozen frame.

Her breaths were uneven and her hands were shaky, something only the Arrow of the barrel could inflict on the woman. Mainly because there was a deal made that Tante Heleen went back on, hoping and praying she wouldn't face the consequences. And so far she was lucky, no so much anymore.

"What? No welcoming cup of that hideous tea you serve? No, cocktail maybe? I could murder a drink right now, and from the questioning I'm about to do I'm gonna need a double shot" she rambled on, swinging her hands whilst explaining as she sat herself down by the desk.

Heleen stayed still as a statue, staring at the girl wide eyed as her shaky breaths continued.

Leo observed her for a moment, before tutting and rolling her eyes mock playfully,

"Oh c'mon don't be a sour puss" she put her hand up in mock surrender "I swear I'm not hear about our last deal, okay darling? But I'm sure we could work it all out if you just sit yourself down so we can talk"

Slowly but surely, the woman sat hesitantly and finally spoke for the first time.

"What do you wan-"

"There's her voice!" Leo stated loudly, making the woman jump due to her being on edge "so you can speak, you know it's rather rude not to speak to your visitors is it not? That was one of your rules"

Leo folded her hands on her lap after crossing her legs,

"What do you want?" Tante repeated,

Leo pouted her lips in thought, her eyes wondering over the window and it's stone details behind the woman she despises.

"What do I want?... I want many things. Just like everyone else in this Barrel. But today? Today I want your cooperation. And if I get that..." she dropped her happy façade as her face turned neutral and serious "maybe I'll let go of my grudges, the one where you went back on our deal maybe? That sounds like a good start"