Teamwork make the dream work

⋅ ⌖ ⋅

( I'm running out of GIF's so enjoy this )

"Do we really need the entire corps for one man"

Kaz and Leo were currently stood a few feet from the little palace, playing the part of a guard as a way to get in.

As Kaz and Leo didn't particularly have a entertaining talent, they resulted in a disguise.

And the best opportunity arose when a man attempted to sneak in to see a supposed Sun Summoner.

Kaz and Leo watched as 2 guards dragged the man away,

"The rest of you, post up now"

Following the crowd, the two managed to blend in with their guard uniforms and make their way in.

Once in, Leo stuck by Kaz as his plan rang through her mind.

"Me and Lee-"

"Nope"

"Me and Leo will walk the route our target will take from the ballroom to the dinner hall and look for an ambush point"

They walked through the empty echoing hallway, their boots radiating sound as they took steps. When they reached a door, Leo watched as Kaz practically collapsed onto it. She had noticed his pained steps the entire way, him not having access to his cane was effecting him.

He was breathing heavily and Leo held out her hand, he stared at it for a long while before he swallowed harshly and took a tight hold.

Using it as leverage to hoist himself up to a straight standing position before he quickly let go. It was pride clenching to take Leo's hand for help, but he knew if he didn't he'd probably be stuck there for a while.

She didn't ask no questions, she knew he wouldn't answer them anyways. 'Are you okay' would be answered with a grunt or pure silence. He was grateful she didn't ask.

"There is a gap in the schedule between events, so they may place her in a room here, away from the crowed, somewhere safe. This would be where they feel she is most protected and therefore, the best place to grab her"

When Kaz got his bearings, they set of again, Leo noticing his limp was now worse than normal. He winced when pressure was applied, and Leo felt the guilt was over her.

As they walked, it seemed both Kaz and Leo noticed the same oddity along the walls. Both had they eyes to notices the smallest of details, they looked at eachother before turning to look at the not so hidden door along the walls. On the small paper with scribbled blueprint ground layouts on it, there was clearly a passageway there, but no door to show. Double checking the paper Kaz walked to where the entry door should be. It was well disguised, no imprint of the door visible to anyone.