Should I Stay Or Should I Go.

(Terrible gifs but none work for shadow and bone on Wattpad!!!)
⋅ ⌖ ⋅

There was no doubt in Inej's mind that her cheeks were still painted slightly pink as she wandered towards her leader, Kaz

Leo and her had kissed. She didn't know what to think of it, but she knew she wanted it more than anything. Yet, the two hadn't spoken much or worked together much. But they understood each other to a level Inej didn't know anyone could understand with herself.

Prehaps Kaz understood some, but his stubbornness and lack of beliefs stopped him from truly know how her feelings counteracted with actions. Jesper played along to her beliefs and made her feel like he wasn't judging her by them, but never took the time to try and understand; he was a simple boy.

She watched leave exit the barn just as she said she would, and suddenly all her beliefs and crave for freedom came to an abrupt halt. She struggled to want freedom now, it was hard.

She was stuck in the void of wanting two completely different things and not knowing which road she wanted to take.

Freedom would be the best choice, it didn't have many cons. She would leave, the menagerie would be her past and she would run as far as she wanted without the water surrounding her to one place.

But Leo wouldn't be there. Nor Jesper, nor Kaz. No one would be there to show her the way. She'd have no shoulder to lean on when she needed, it was something Inej was deeply grateful for.

And she'd have that if she stayed. Risking the fact she'd go back to that awful woman Tante Heleen, she'd have to follow a leader once again. She's have to rob, deceive, injure and be dangerous.

Her mind was currently persuading her that it was worth the risk... risk's.

Yet she's have saints watching over her. Just like they always had.

"Are you hungry?" The voice broke Inej from her thoughts as she slowly walked towards Kaz. "Or just saying goodbye?"

She let out a sigh at the question, that current battle raging in her own mind. Was she saying goodbye?

She decided not to answer a brought her arm forward, showing Kaz what laid in her hand. "Jesper fixed your cane" she spoke and watched him take it from her hand.

It didn't get past Kaz that she skipped past the questions and he nodded slowly "so you are leaving?"

She hovered over his words "that's it?" She questioned in slight shock "after everything? There's nothing else you want to say to me?"