Take over

⋅ ⌖ ⋅

The ship ride home Leo stayed silent, enjoying how the salty sea air blew on her face, and how the water seemed to part as the ship sailed through

She opted for standing at the side of the ship rather than the middle like the other 3. Alina and Mal were standing at the front, but Leo enjoyed the short moment of peaceful silence. Not counting the onboard chatter and crashing waves below. Watching the clouds form different shapes, how some fish would jump free from the water and back down below again.

How Inej watched her the entire time without her knowledge. How Jesper questioned Inej the whole sail home about her feelings for the Arrow.

Inej only spared brief answers.

When they docked, Leo decided to take off to the Tilted slats and see how it was faring after her absence.

"Home sweet home" Jesper smirked as the entered the streets of the Barrel, "straight of the boat from Ravka and no one was waiting to kill us as soon as we arrived. And, Inej still breaths the filthy Barrel air. Yay. That's a good sign"

Leo huffed for the millionth time as Jespers tumbled steps cut her off "Jesper if you don't walk in a simple straight line, you won't be breathing any filthy Barrel air!" She cursed and shoved him aside.

He held his hands up in defence, but kept his smirk, "I might celebrate with a little dice and debauchery-",

"No debauchery." Kaz shut down instantly,

"Dice then?" Jesper smiled, but it dropped when Kaz said,

"No dice. We have stops to make" Kaz continued to look ahead.

Leo raised her brows and sighed "well, you guys have fun. But, I have things to do of my own" she have them a wave as she began to separate from them, "ta ta", her body disappeared in the darkness of an allyway.

Inej watched as the girl left their sights. The sorrow feeling was not one she liked. She knew the Leo would return to her work and disappear once they arrived back, but she hoped they would be on better terms when they did. At least she didn't have a death sentence anymore.

⋅ ⌖ ⋅

The familiarity of hopping from roof to roof filled Leo with absence of happy nostalgia. A smile beaming on her face as she soared from roof to roof.

She very rarely travelled out of Ketterdam, so it was safe to say, she missed the dark alleyways she could disappear in. The roofs she could hop from one to the next. The quiet, hidden danger of it all.

And finally, at the sights of the Tilted Flats, Leo couldn't be happier.

Just as she had left it, she could spot from above some regulars through the open double doors. Drinking their troubles away and filling Leo's pockets in the process.

Sliding down a drain pipe to the floor from the rooftop she was on, she made her way to the building and was embraced in its familiar warmth as she passed the doors.

The orange haze spread across the room as locals gambled and drank to their hearts content.

Scanning the coach, she was surprised to see Orteg sat by the bar and a drink in hand. She had fully expected him to frolic away in her absence.

Making her way through the gambling den she approached the bar.

"Orteg." The man smiling and chatting away at the bar stopped in his tracks at the voice as it spoke from behind him. He swivelled on his seat to face her in an instant.

"Mi- Miss... Miss Leatar... you're back?!" She smirked with no humour as he stumbled out words.

She nodded once, "indeed I am. Now, why don't you watch me up on what Iv missed, hm?" She gestured to the door behind her, leading up to the flats and her office.

He nodded many times in a quick pace and scattered off his seat, heading to the room.

When they made it to her office, she gestured for him to take a seat and she took hers on the other side of the desk. He began to fill her in,

"The business has run smoothly, new people becoming locals, and tourist visiting here regularly. The income has risen-"

"How?"

Orteg looked at her wide eyed, she knew that look, she knew Orteg loved to gossip. And gossip he did.

"Pekka Rollins"

Leo's nostrils flared in fury at the name, the often discomfort that came with the name pooling hun her stomach,

"What about him?" She questioned, looking at him with interested eyes. Edging him to tell her more,

"He's spread out. Took ova the Crow club" he nodded along with his words "even had da cheek to snatch up the Menagerie as well. Mhm. Apparently" he leaned in closer to whisper "one of them pesky crows killed lots owna, Pekka nicked the lot on their travels-"

"Did he even stop here?" Leo asked urgently, this new news was not pleasing in the slightest. She could imagine to look on Kaz's face when he realised the Crow Club had been snatched. Leo wasn't happy about it either.

Kaz will want revenge, she knew he would. And she would have no argument in helping him.

"Ah! He- he left-" he dug in his back pocket and pulled out a letter "this. He said tha he wouldn't take the Flats until you had both spoken, said tha an alliance would be a good idea. Said he knew people in this club prefer you to him as a boss" he handed the letter to Leo and she snatched it out of his hands,

"You may leave now Orteg. Not a word to anyone you know the drill" he nodded and left.

She pried open the letter and scanned the words eagerly, did she want to deal with Pekka Rollins? No. Did she need to speak to Kaz? Absolutely.

Did the words spoken in the letter piss her off to new extremes? You have no idea.

⋅ ⌖ ⋅

First episode of season two has BEGUN!

Boy am I excited 🙂

How are you lovely readers?

What did you think? What do you want to happen?

Anywhoooo,