That Watch

⋅ 🎩 ⋅

"So let me get this straight

"So let me get this straight." Jesper waved around, sitting besides Inej and in front of Kaz over a table. He looked to Inej "that crazy Arrow human came after you, had a literal knife to your throat... and just... left?" He summarised, severely confused.

Inej nodded, she had told the two what had happened that night. Not that she begged for her life, that would pierce her small ego that she treasured, no, she told them how quick, slick, quiet and smart the Arrow had been when they had payed her a visit. Nearly killing her, maybe the Saints had been on her side that night. But she had no clue how long her praying would work for much longer.

"Did they say anything, a male voice? Female? Anything to go off... like at all?" Jesper continued, one again Inej nodded, this peaked Kaz's interest. The might have more knowledge than most about the Arrows identity. That's leverage.

Leverage that he needed to keep Inej alive.

"It sounded female, but their entire being was cloaked. I could spot no female or male standouts so I can't be sure" she shrugged,

Jesper huffed "so what was the whole point of their visit? To what? Nick a knife and skedaddle without a trace?" He took a moment to contemplate "actually, you knifes are quite cool, I would totally break in to take one for myself" he nodded,

"Daggers" Inej rolled her eyes,

Jesper gave her a look "there the same thing" he said incredulously,

"No their not" she insisted,

"How are they not the same thing? They are sharp, pointy and can make a hole in a human being. The same thing"

"A gun can make a hole in a human being. Are you saying a gun and a dagger are the same thing?"

"Wha- no. My babies are beautiful and much more lethal, your knifes are.. well-"

"Are you two done?" Kaz huffed, he was utterly done with this back and forth conversation, his grip around his crow cane tightened.

"No"

"Yes"

Two completely different replies came from the two,

"Well finish up, Jesper you should be on the door and Inej, I have a job for you" Kaz said getting up from his seat.

Jesper followed his actions as Inej spoke "what? But I'm supposed to be la-"

"It's only a small job. Only you can do it" he said shortly, sparing a glance at Jesper who instantly got the hint that this conversation was not his to be apart off.

Any other time it would quietly tick him off, but today he had spotted far too many handsome men wonder through the door. Some he would gladly make friends with... if ya know what he means.