Pekka and Plans

⋅ ⌖ ⋅

Kaz Brekker stood at his sink that was next to the door leading to his office desk, a small living space with a bed and a sink was in the top far left of his study

Kaz Brekker stood at his sink that was next to the door leading to his office desk, a small living space with a bed and a sink was in the top far left of his study. Through a thin archway door that made the room like private, hidden and like it had a huge 'STAFF ONLY' sign posted on it. It made you feel wrong when entering.
(I re imagined it)

Most did, if they ever had the chance to enter that was. But Inej Ghafa didn't, she knew Kaz, she knew he wouldn't mind if it meant she was doing her job.

And since the watch incident with the mystery bidder and her entering the Tilted Flats, Inej had been allowed back out in jobs. And so far no one had shot an arrow through her back. A whole week and she hadn't been looked at the wrong way, at least not anything threatening.

But that however didn't settle Kaz or Inej's suspicions, if anything, it set them more on edge. Not knowing if the Arrow was planning something, if she was waiting for the right moment? If she had given up?

But Kaz knew that likely wasn't the case, the only reason he hadn't barged into her office was because he knew she would kill him. Especially if she knew about his and his 2 Dregs tricking her out of her watch.

But the boy with a cane had a feeling she had the watch back. There was one fact, the woman bidder hadn't been seen since Inej saw her enter the Tilted Flats. And two, Inej isn't dead yet. But there was also no news of a death. And no rumour about Inej having her freedom back... to some extent anyways.

Kaz looked at the mirror that was placed ahead of him just above the sink and it didn't take him long to realise the window was now open. He noticed the change in the background, muffled voices to clear conversation that sounded through the glass.

He grabbed a towel and patted his hand dry before he began re- gloving his hands again,

"Hello Inej, what information do you have for me tonight?"

Inej smirked and pulled down her mask, she had to admit, not being hunted down like a weak pray definitely made her more happy in the past week. She slept a full 7 hours last night. She nearly screamed when she saw what time she woke up.

"A lead on a job" she started "A big one, enough money to change lives" she told him,

"It doesn't take much to change someone's life in the Barrel-"

"A million Kruge?" Inej smirked once again when she saw Kaz straighten his back, now having having his full attention.

"What's the name" he asked, now fully invested,

"Dreesen. A wealthy merchant" she answered, Kaz nodded thinking for a moment before he repeated the name to himself and continued,

"Dreesen" he sighed "Iv head of him... and he could afford it" he thought, practically glaring at his mirror whilst putting his gloves on again "the question is, what's worth a million Kruge to him?"