I Swear To You... Leo

⋅ ⌖ ⋅

"Take your jacket off

"Take your jacket off. Lift up your shirt."

The simple command from Leo was enough -even in her condition- to force Inej to suppress a blooming blush.

"What?" Inej asked in a daze of sorts, she was still sitting on Leo's bed. Having snuck in when she took off from the tomb earlier in the night, it was now dawn by the time Leo found her.

Leo turned to look at Inej once she'd asked the question, turning her focus away from her medical supply draw. She gave a teasing grin, and suppressed a chuckle at the girls face. Slightly pink, and the tip of her ears were bright red.

She repeated, "take off your jacket. Lift up your shirt" she held up a bandage and a glass of wound disinfectant, "...so I can clean your wound" she spoke the last part slower, as if she was dragging her teasing out more.

That was enough to make Inej turn red, a simple "oh" was spoken, and she began following orders.

She took of her jacket and lifted up her shirt, exposing her dagger gash to the cool air. It nipped at her injured skin, but she held in the wince. However, the slight flinch was enough to ignite a flame of worry in Leo's stomach.

She stood in front of Inej and knelt down so she was eye to eye with Inej's torso. Resting her hand on Inej's knee's as she examined the wound.

Inej was well and truly, flustered beyond belief. She never let people get this close. Not willingly anyways, she didn't have a say at the menagerie.

She usually stitched herself up, letting someone else do it always seemed to be a distant thought in her mind. She hated other's hands on her body.

But Leo was different. How?, Inej couldn't explain how. She knew why, but not to the full extent.

She knew they were closer than close. She knew she liked having Leo around. She knew feeling things when Leo was close was different than any other person. And she knew she had this feeling about Leo... but Inej couldn't explain that feeling.

She couldn't explain what she was feeling. She knew it was deeper than any connection. She caught feelings, that was obvious. But Inej had no experience with such feelings.

Meaning, she had no idea what do to as Leo's fingers grazed softly against her ribcage. Inej didn't want to move when the touch felt like fireworks on her skin and butterflies in her stomach.

She was rooted to her spot, noticing Leo's face was full of concentration. Not flustered on bit. Inej felt awkward as she felt her face heat up. As if she was the only one experiencing the sparks and butterflies. Her face showed it, Leo's didn't.

Inej awkwardly held up her t-shirt and lent back on one hand. She didn't want to move as her shoulders began to ache.

"Nina got one thing right" Leo's voice snapped Inej from her wandering mind, "she definitely is not the best healer" she muttered to herself more than anyone in particular.