They'd Be Fine.

⋅ ⌖ ⋅

Leo stood close to the centre, she -be no means- would place herself at Pekka's side. It made her sick.

What also made her sick was that of Inej. The Wraith was no where in sight. Not even in the shadows. Leo's stomach churned.

Pekka didn't waste time. "Get him on his feet"

Nina, ever the enthusiast, scoffed "we had a deal. I did my part" but Pekka waved her off.

"We'll get to that later"

Leo could only just contain her grimace at Kaz's face as two men hauled him to his feet. His face was about to be a whole lot worse.

"First. We need to make an example out of this rat" Pekka paused, tilting his head back. Looking directly at Leo. "Arrow. Care to do the honours" he turned back to Kaz "Ya see, Brekka. You don't piss off people more powerful than you" he spread his arms out wide, as if he was sending a sort of message with his actions "it gets ya killed"

Yes. Kaz's face was about to get a whole lot worse. But not by Pekka's hand it seemed. It would be by Leo's.

With her hood and mask up, Leo stepped forward into the circle. Not making eye contact with Kaz for long before he spun back and cursed at Nina. Naming her a Witch. Double dealing Witch in fact.

Leo could waste time, they needed this to be real. They needed this to work. And when Kaz finally looked back, her fist collided with his face, and her knee with his stomach. And he hit the ground.

Her punches, though powerful, weren't her hardest. And she aimed her knuckles away from bone, it would still hurt like a bitch. But she wouldn't break anything at least.

It took a lot out of Leo to lean down, clutching at Kaz's hair and yanking his face upwards. Up to face Pekka. The brief eye contact with Kaz told her all she needed to know.

Don't you dare hold back now. We finally have him. Make it real.

The train of thought was quickly pierced by Pekka's grilling voice. "After they beats. I'm gonna hang your body on a post... as a reminder to anyone who forgets that I'm king of this city"

And now. Leo didn't hold back. And another punch connected with Kaz's face.

⋅ ⌖ ⋅

Leo was relentless.

Punch after punch and each swing of her foot that collided with skin engraved itself in Leo's head. Internal torture on her mind and eyes.

Until finally. Finally. The alarms rang through the buildings.

Leo kept her eye on Kaz, paying no mind to Pekka ranting with his body guard. She knew what they were saying.

One eye of Kaz's couldn't open too much, the guilt was already taking a hold.

"Sweet shop?... that's not near fifth harbour."

Kaz placed most of his weight on Leo as she helped him stand. She wasn't playing this anymore. Thank the saints. It was a miracle Kaz allowed such contact, but once he was up it was over.