Cut Her Puppet Strings

⋅ 🏹🎩 ⋅

"Well it's your lucky day crow man" Orteg said rather unenthusiastically as he came back down the spiral steps

From Otegs sight it looked like Kaz had listened and hadn't moved as instructed.

But just for spite, Kaz did step one inch to the right. He had no reason for it, he didn't need one. He didn't like being told what to do.

Despite this, Kaz frowned at his words... well he frowned more than normal.

"Turns out, the Arrow is in the building. Now, follow me, she's waiting for you" Orteg told him,

Kaz gave the slightest eyebrow raise, unless one was looking really closely they wouldn't spot it.

'Did she know my name? Or just happened to have the time to talk?'

He found himself asking in his head, coming up with no answers.

Without a word, he followed Orteg down the corridor that was to the right of the room. It was one long hallway, all wooden walls and no doors apart from the single black door at the end. The one with the golden handle.

The sound of his cane echoed in the hollow passage,

It wasn't the longest walk, but definitely one that was suspiciously long for a single hallway. It was like the one on the floor above, just without the doors symmetrically placed on either side.

Orteg reached the door but didn't open it, he just turned to face Kaz and said a simple,

"Good luck" before he travelled back down the hallway the way they had came.

Kaz looked at the door for a moment, hearing no movement coming from inside, nor any light coming from the underneath of the door through the cracks at the bottom.

He let out a breath before grabbing the handle and pushing the door open, he wasn't one for dramatics but he was sure if he'd pushed the door open slowly the creaking of the wood would of made the situation much more on edge.

The room, Kaz noticed, had a similar style to his office back at the Crow Club. A desk, stolen or pricey artefacts sat and decorated the room. From beautiful painting to small statue sculptures. He noticed from all the goods put together could sum up to a hefty wedge of Kruge.

But that wasn't what he was interested in, for now atleast, he would admire later.

Now, now he had his eyes fixated on the figure that was stood in front of a rack of shelves, all decorated with extravagant ornaments. Definitely too extravagant for the Barrel. The Arrow was female, long brown hair, just below her shoulders.

With the door now shut behind him he spoke for the first time "i see my guess was correct"

Leo smirked, having only just stopped fiddling with an ornament. But once she heard his voice she paused her movements,