No Control

⋅ ⌖ ⋅

Leo felt like she couldn't breath

Leo felt like she couldn't breath. It was later in the night, early morning, since she shook the hand of Pekka Rollins. She wanted to scrub her skin raw at the lingering feeling of his hand against hers.

Pekka wasn't one to trust easy, but he bought whatever Leo sold him. He had informed her of the stunt they are pulling against the crows the next night and Leo was pulling her hair out, trying to think of ways to let Kaz know.

Should she let him know?

She knew they had a Heartrender now, they heist should be an easy win. A few hiccups, but a win nonetheless with a Nina involved. Even against Pekkas crew.

She had sent a letter personally to one of her informants, hoping it would reach the Barrel boy in time.

She was back in her apartment. The first time back since she'd met with Inej a night prior. The room seemed to be haunting her rather than comforting here at the current moment.

She sighed heavily as her head dropped down onto her desk at which she was sitting. Still in her gear that had been sticking to her all day from consistent activities, she felt as though she hadn't stopped, she hadn't taken a break, hadn't give her self a moment to think of what she was actually doing.

And now she's made a deal with Pekka, of all people.

Looking towards her bed from her seat at her desk, she knew she wouldn't find sleep any time soon. And to that though she huffed in annoyance.

"Shit" she sighed in utter exhaustion.

Whatever was happening between herself and Inej was a weight on her shoulders. The constant thought of the girl, if she was safe, had Pekka found her, was she injured... did she think about Leo at all?

All the thoughts were putting pressure on her mind, distracting her from the task at hand.

The truth was, Leo never let people in. She never let people see a side of her that stayed behind lock and key, she never let anyone see her vulnerable. She had learnt from her mistakes and that made her cruel, made her angry, made her cold and closed off.

In the Barrel, you don't get to be vulnerable.

If you are, you end up dead, beaten —or in Leo's case— broken beyond prepare.

But when her and Inej caught eyes or they'd speak with trust... or even disagreed about something so pathetic as a bread roll. Leo felt that spark. That spark of pure innocence. Pure joy and happiness.... vulnerability.

She always prayed to have that one person she could be vulnerable with, one person to her as her. Not a killer or a cruel cold girl. Her.

Leo supposed, in that sense, that she did believe in some form of saint. Whether that was Inej's saints or some other, she didn't know. But that's where Leo's greedy side shone the brightest. She always asked the saints for something. From safety to happiness, or, warmth and her person.