Deal with the Devil 2.0

⋅ ⌖ ⋅

"Ooh. Is this place still serving breakfast?" The voice of Nina Zenik chirped happily as herself, Wylan and Kaz sat by Inej and Jesper in a small diner.

Her question went ignored as Inej and Jesper had other plans, to question Kaz.

Inej leant forward and motioned to Jesper as she spoke to Kaz "Jes, has a question to ask you" Jesper didn't look the happiest at the fact that he was the one who had to ask the questions,

He huffed but eventually asked "look. A lot has happened since last night. We found out we've lost our home and then you blew it up just to piss off Pekka Rollins" he said displeased with it all, yet Kaz look unamused,

"And?" Kaz said carelessly,

"Have you heard we also shot a Stadwatch with his own gun?" Jesper frowned as he spoke to Kaz, the boy boss before him clearly didn't care much.

Kaz nearly rolled his eyes "all Stadwatch carry the same gun and it's a standard issue. This is Pekka Rollins firing back at us" he hissed, Nina's face showed a slight confusion.

"Who is this Pekka Rollins?" The Heartrender questioned as she scanned the menu in front of her, "you say his name and your bloody pressure skyrockets"

Kaz was seething at the reveal "that's not part of your purview, Heartrender"

Nina nodded, "you're right. But I tend to have opinions and... here's one," she pretended to think before speaking again, "anger clouds judgment."

"Pekka Rollins runs the Barrel" Inej chipped in,

Kaz huffed "he cheated his way into an empire by running cheap cons. He isn't a boss, he's a scourge." Kaz spoke with such hatred,

Nina —after finally putting the menu down— said, "if your hate him so much, why not just hire me to kill him?" She asked, "or, why hire me at all? your sharpshooter or your Wraith could take him out, easy. Or maybe the Arrow? She's skilled with killing, is she not?" Her question was rhetorical of course, everyone knew of Leo's skilled killings.

"Speaking of... the Arrow" Inej chipped in hesitantly, she had been dying to ask the since they had all sat down and Leo was nowhere to be seen, "where is she? Is she in on the plan?"

Kaz seemed to be brought back from his memories at the question, and he answered very brief "she's got her own business to deal with, one we need later on."

His attempt to avoid the question didn't go a miss with Jesper or Inej. This time Jesper asked "doing what exactly?" He raised a brow,