A Change In The Game

⋅ ⌖ ⋅

If Leo was being honest, she wasn't mad at Inej at all. Did the words sting? Yes. Did she understand? Yes. Was she mad? Nope.

Well... maybe a little. That small flare of anger she was used to snuffing out like sand to the fire.

But then again, she didn't have time for that anger right now. Not when they were so close to getting rid of Pekka Rollins. To completely destroying him.

The sizzle of anger transformed to a burn of pure excitement, and that made her want to be violent with a smile ever present on her face.

It seemed the perfect opportunity awoke when a know at her door distracted her from her work.

Another note to Pekka, one assassin sent to take out a loose end, and one very messy deal that left dead bodies in her pub. Something about a dead gone wrong and fists being split or... something like that. Leo was used to her customers being a racket at times.

She got up and was faced with a very broody looking Kaz Brekker when she opened her door. She silently let him in when he didn't speak a word. It did take him a moment before he asked questions or stated brutal facts.

Leo blamed it on his flare for dramatic. She was certain he got it from Jesper.

"I'm looking for fresh blood"

And there it was. The dramatics.

Leo decided a nod would do, "right." She said plainly with a noncommittal shrug of her shoulders. Her confusion could be felt by the blind man Sirel that lived in the upper floor it was that noticeable.

She swore she could see him roll his eyes, but had no time to comment as he continued. "I'm going to recruiter the Dregs. Per Haskells gang"

"...right."

Now she would fully see the eye roll, "it would bring me comfort to know you were there... just in case."

She nodded, "why not just bring Inej" the name felt off when she spoke it, but continued "or Jesper?"

He gave her a hard stare, "I need violence. Inej has her own target and Jesper would kill then with his shots. You have violence, enough to place fear, enough to hurt, enough to persuade"

His answer was simple, yet complicated. Underlying and unspoken conversations between them linked into a sentence. But a smirk still shone on her face, violence was just what she needed.

"Let me get changed, and let's have some fun"

⋅ ⌖ ⋅

The Dregs hideout was deep in the shit heaps of the Barrel. Out of sight out of mode kind of place.

The Dregs did have a reputation, a weak one however. Not respected, but they were know for their brutality and their killers. Leo assumed that's what they were here for seen as the Crows... well, the old Crows, were quite the nasty bunch.

The whole pub went silent as soon as they walked in. Predictable really. Several stood up as if they were already preparing for a fight. Also, predictable.