I Found You

⋅ ⌖ ⋅

"Assuming you got ambushed, too?" Jesper questioned, as he and Wylan met with Nina, Kaz and Inej at the plague cemetery

Nina huffed a sarcastic laugh, "oh, yeah, so many of them, I lost count"

Kaz took the lead, the group of crows following behind. "I got what I needed, and Wylan's bombs took care of the rest" he resisted the urge to roll his eyes. He was mad, and exhausted. The plan wasn't meant to fold like that, but he got what he needed. He didn't need the complaints from his fellow crows.

Inej, who was being held up by Nina sue to her injuries, was quickly ushered into an old tomb. A box like shape and practically empty inside.

Jesper and Wylan stayed by the entrance, so Jesper had a chance to question Kaz.

"She gonna be okay" he asked his boss with worry, Kaz responded almost instantly in a cut throat voice,

"She'll be fine" he spoke as if he was ending the conversation, but Jesper had more questions.

"Will any of us be fine? This won't end well, Kaz" he reminded,

"No, it won't. But I'll be the one who ends it" with that, he huffed and entered the tomb.

A little while later in the night, Kaz was completely immersed in the bookings he had stole from Pekka's number man. He was flipping threw the pages when Jesper -who clearly wasn't through with his questions- began speaking again.

"Looks like Pekka made a move on more than just the crow club while we were away" he muttered as he read, "he bought out all of Fifth Harbor"

Jesper scoffed, "Inej took some serious damage. The novice nearly lost his head and the Heartrender took a bullet. But no worries. As long as you're on top of Pekka's corporate holdings" he practically spat, Jesper was mad.

"You don't take down a lion by cutting of his tail"

"I'm sorry, you've been on safari when? We're putting our lives on the line-"

"I thought you preferred it that way-" Jesper couldn't say anymore when the door behind him was opened, he instantly went for his holster as the 3 looked at the culprit.

And there she stood. Leo stood in the doorway, looking at the 3, and she glanced at Jespers hand that was settled on his gun.

She raised her hands in mock defence, "don't shoot" she spoked deadpanned in sarcasm.