"Please"

⋅ ⌖ ⋅

Inej was running

Inej was running... well not running. That would be obvious and draw attention. She was walking at an subtle quick pace.

Pushing past people in the crowds, mask and scarf back up and over her head. She decided the rooftops would be too risky, and the walk to the Slats was less than an 5 minute walk with the pass she was going.

Inej did not want to stand around and see if this Grace Jesper had befriended was in association with the Arrow, maybe tell them all the information Jesper had blurted out under the influence of gambling and alcohol.

She wasn't prepared for it, and she didn't want to prepare for it. Not today at least. She had been stuck in her thoughts all day, having the free time to lay low allowed her to think about things she preferred to steer clear off. Usually a days work would be her distraction, but her brain was a dangerous place when given time to go haywire.

Her family had been bouncing round in the mind all day, her parents and her brother. Thinking... hoping that maybe they had been reunited, even when she knew deep down it was near impossible to happen. If her brother was sold off further, he wouldn't be escaping. Saints, she would have barely any freedom if it wasn't for Kaz. She was almost certain her brother didn't have that, even when she prayed to the saints that he could.

She never stopped praying. The saints were her way to keep that connection with her past, younger self. The one that was protected by her parents rather than criminals...she was a criminal now, she had come to terms with that.

With her hands locked together and her eyes screwed shut, she would plead with the Saints and beg that her family was safe in one was or another. She would never pray for herself, she saw no need anymore. She's pray for the Crows when they were sent out, she pray for her brothers safety and health, she'd pray that maybe her parents had a forgiving nature to all the wrongs she'd done.

Only once had she'd prayed for herself, and that was today. The day her mind was in haywire. She prayed that she would live long enough to see her family once more, find that closure she desperately sought out. She didn't pray that they make her live longer, no, she begged the Saints for that protection for just a moment longer.

She hoped they had listened to her.

When she finally reached the Slats, she didn't go through the front door. She never really did, always scaling the walls to get to her room. Jumping from the odd pieces of wood that stuck out, giving her that leverage to jump from one to the other. Taking small breaks on the very few, small, balcony's that weren't evenly distributed along the outside of the buildings. Mainly to stop others climbing. Not many had the skills Inej did to get the the 2nd floor with nothing to hold onto.

When she finally reached her room, she popped open the window and let herself in. She leaving the window open to air the stuffy room out.