Chapter 16: Not so bad

(Chapter cover: Instagram/#jinx #underseamanga)

3rd POV

" Oh- it's you again..."

The wolf beastmen stared at the weird female in front of him. Who wore a gleeful smile in her face as she sat down across from him.

(Twitter: #jinx)

(Twitter: #jinx)

There was a great distance in between them, he sat down in the dark corner. She sat near his cave entrance that shone bright light. There was a strained atmosphere around the two as they stared at one another.

The black furry wolf stared into her eyes that were filled with joy and excitement, her aura that emitted around her was like a ball of light that lit up his dark gloomy cave.

Raymond narrowed his eyes away from the blinding light that was Maxine. It was too much for him to handle such a level of brightness. Between the two, Maxine was like a bright sun from the heavens, while he was the opposite emitting a dark gloomy fog around him. His eyes soullessly stared into her lovable eyes that sparkled over a million stars inside.

"Why does she keep coming back?? This female is weird..." Raymond thought, blankly staring at Maxine who just gave him a bright smile.

During her last visit, he tried to send her away by making her get something he left behind in the village. But of course, it was fake since he never once entered the stone wolf tribe. When she left running to get the item, he quickly blocked off his cave with a boulder. So she couldn't enter. He rested in his cave in peace not worrying about the fact that she can't bother him anymore.

But no...

That's when Raymond felt a poke in his nose. He opened his eyes ever so slightly and there she was! The female stood in front of him. She kneeled down with a wooden spoon in her hands lifting it up in that air like she was giving god the spoon as a sacrifice!

"I don't know how she came inside but I need to find a way for her to leave..." He thought, staring at Maxine.

" He thought, staring at Maxine