Chapter 32: A shy stranger

(Manga: Author to my destiny/ I married the male lead)

Maxine POV

I was on my way back home until I heard laughter somewhere in the forest just nearby. Curiosity got the best of me and I went straight for it finding who it was.

Couple of minutes passed and I found nothing but leaves and berries I collected in my hands. I munched on some of them for snacks before picking more on the way back home.

"Hmmm... I should wash these before going back home." I thought while picking the berries.

I went to the nearest lake that was right near our room. I fumbled, pushing out leaves and branches that were in my way. The fallen leaves made crunching sounds in the ground when I walked.

Though I stumbled upon something surprising...

" What the?! Bloody clothes!"

I looked around but no one was there but to my surprise something lurked behind me. There was no trail of blood or any hints to who this belonged to.

" OH SHIT!" I thought.

(Anime: love is war!/chika)

I felt a pair of large hands getting a hold of my shoulder. I turned slowly and there I saw a ghost?!

"AAAAAAHHHHHHHhhhh!!!" I screamed out loud making a run for it!

But instead, I jumped like a cat in the air, this beastman scared the living hell out of me. My soul almost escaped my body right then and there!

" You scared the crap out of me! Please don't sneak up to me like that!"

" What is your name? I am Maxine. It's nice to meet you" I said

The orange haired male just looked at me, taking his hands off my shoulders. He then slightly looked away in the other direction. It was like he was nonchalantly telling me something but I didn't even know what he was going to say.

He instead stood there quietly and I waited for what was going to happen next.

I took my time observing the beastmen right before me, all the way to his face down to his toes..

The beastman right before me was a cat to be exact a leopard beastman. He had dazzling gold eyes that sparkled under the radiant light. His orange hair that lengths to his shoulders, they were short yet wavy.

His body almost puts Greek gods to shame. His abs were so firm yet glossy as it made his abs shimmer under the radiant sun. He was a total hunk! The real deal, just the way his body and face looks, was so handsome. He was like the sun!

I tried finding out his mark but looking around he seemed to have no beast marks in his body.

Maybe he just came of age? But to me he looks older, who knows.