Chapter 28: We could have had...

Raymond POV

It was a long time ago but I remember it like it was yesterday...

I always wonder could I have had a different outcome if I wasn't born as a wolf? Would everything be better if I was different? Would it be better than the life I have now?

It all started in late summer, I was one of many wolves born in the same litter as my late siblings. I came into this world without a single thought, never truly realizing until now that once you enter this world you can't get out of it. In the beast world survival was the main priority for orcs, mostly males.

Males were often neglected even during birth, females and sometimes males did not care for their cubs. Which was overwhelming especially for a male to care for them. Most litters would usually contain males, the number of how many depended on the father beastmen. Every male orc's fate was the same as most were thrown out and left for dead.

Many fought in order to survive but many others died trying to survive this putrid place we call the beast world. I was the only litter left to survive until my adulthood. All my wolf siblings died in the passing years. It was either kill or be killed and I chose to kill in order to survive. This world had enough dangerous creatures as it is but there were still surprises left to be discovered.

One of them was the fewer population of female orcs, no one truly knew the reason for their decreasing population there were many factors that caused them to die not fully reaching adulthood.

Females were the backbones in increasing the orc population to not die out. Their life was one of the simplest as they didn't have to do anything. Females relied on males for their survival. Their easy going lifestyle and the choices they make matter to a male's life.

Females were so rare that they could treat their males in any way they chose. Most were by no means cruel to their mates, but at the same time they saw them as servants as well as lovers. If one died, it would be valued not by their own self but by the amount of effort it would take for a female to fully replace them. By all means there was no limit to how many males a female can get.

My mother was one of them, she used to be considered the prettiest female in her tribe but that was until she got kidnapped by my father, a feral wolf beastmen. She was a true beauty but had a bad personality inside and out.

She was a scheming female that was cold hearted, not truly caring for others. She had a destructive temperament that killed every male she had, even her children were not safe from her as some were killed.

Despite my father being born a feral. He was kind and loving to my mother. He always endured her beatings and vicious words. Her abusive nature didn't faze him in any way since deep in his heart he loved her. He was always at fault for many things, he took the blame just to satisfy her. In the end, he got killed by her once she removed his mark.

I was the only cub to ever survive the litter. It only ended up with me being an eyesore to my mother's eyes. She thought of me as a useless burden, sometimes trying to murder me without knowing. In her eyes, I was unworthy to be her child.

I thought everything would change once I grew up...

It was during early spring where I met her. She was the first female I ever met named Lara. We had so many "memorable" memories growing up. I thought she would be there for me just like before but I was wrong once again...