Chapter 34: A wish comes true

(Manga: male lead i respect ur taste)

3rd POV

In the afternoon Maxine and Sebastian had arrived in the ape castle. During the morning an eagle beastmen was sent out to them to deliver an important command given by the ape king. Now they are inside the ape king's castle walking through the spacious halls that were filled with various decorations and colors of yellow.

Sebastian went through the crowds of various guards and servants scattered around. Everyone was staring at him while he carried his mate. He looked straight ahead at the familiar large wooden doors in the distance.

Maxine thought that most beastmen here would be ape beastmen but most of the orcs there were birds. There were some ape beastmen she saw but none were guards, mostly servants and cooks. All the beastmen there wore a yellow pattern skirt that looked like a uniform when working under the rule of the ape king.

When they arrived at the ape king's door they were gleefully welcomed by the ape king who was sitting right in the center of his office.

He was surrounded by two eagle beast men beside him and the two others just outside the front door. The two eagle guards stood still with a stiff expression on their faces.

Maxine's face lit up while in Sebastian's warm embrace. She curiously looked around the tall and large office. Her eyes and head wandered looking around the various décor in his office.

"Wow! So fancy" Maxine said in astonishment.

"To think that I would get to see the ape king is so cool! I wonder what the other kings office looks like?" She thought

The room was heavily decorated with colors of yellow and orange. There was wooden furniture and fur decor everywhere, the rugs, curtains, and chairs had cool fur patterns. Everything in the room was so luxurious that it even had shelves filled with various colored books and brown papers in it.

It made Maxine's pink eyes sparkle at the various books present. She viewed the ape king to be an intelligent orc since ape's are similar to humans because of evolution and primitive timeline. She felt excited to meet the ape king, he gives a serious vibe. He was the center and brains to the beasts city. The orc in front of her dedicated and swore his life to only the beast god. That's what she really respected about him.

"Welcome! Come in come! I was expecting you two. I'm so happy to meet Maxine again! How was your stay at the leopard castle?" He warmly asked the two.

Sebastian sat down on the chair with Maxine still in his grasp. She tried pulling away but was pulled back by him not wanting to let her go. It made her annoyingly pout at his antics since she only wanted to sit in the other chair. She was embarrassed that the ape king had to see her like this. Especially with a clingy jaguar really holding on to her.

The ape king chuckled when seeing the two's funny situation before him. He wore a gleeful smile at the two finally meeting them again.

The last time he visited was during his trip to the stone wolf village to visit his step-brother Lezon, years before. When he discovered about the two's struggle he couldn't help but feel pity for them.

He felt miserable just watching from the sidelines. He knew he had to help in some way even if it was a bit.

Out of return Sebastian worked for the ape king for some time during his journey. He and Sebastian tremendously made a lot of contributions to the beast city as the population began to increase. The ape king felt proud of the jaguar beastmen right in front of him. Similar to that of a teacher guiding his student to getting stronger.