Chapter 51: Bunny Avalanche

(Link to original artist: https://sacetcendre.tumblr.com/post/177671758709 httpssociety6comdemianaschecollectionanimals.)

Maxine POV

The day after Caius freed me from my at home precaution. That noon Jess and I came to visit Eve back at the leopard territory in hump ridge. Raymond, Rowan, and all of Jess' mates halted at the front gate.

In the beastworld females are welcomed in any territory they cross. But for males that was the exact opposite since territory among them is competitive. Even for males that are mated crossing other males territory it was an obvious no to cross.

I turned my head slightly and waved to Ray and Rowan who stood in the front gate. I saw Rowan's body from behind, already watching guard. I giggle a little seeing him standing so seriously. It was like he was a knight statue. Rowan's sharp black eyes wandered around so I didn't think he noticed me waving goodbye.

Ray, who was right next to Rowen, was the exact opposite. He had his arms leaned against the stone fence as his body bent down. Filled with interest he observed the small cottage house in front of him.

"I'll be back soon" I said to them.

Ray, who caught me waving goodbye, shifted his jade eyes to me. I saw his lips curve forming a smile with his cute dimples showing. He slowly waved goodbye with one hand.

When Jess and I entered we both gasped.

"Wow! Adorable!" We synchronously said out loud.

The first thing we saw were a bunch of rabbits hopping and running around. Not just baby rabbits but many of Eve's rabbits mates. Although Eve was a leopard female, she adored rabbit orcs. Which was why she only had rabbit mates.

Probably about twelve rabbit mates Eve had in total. Since females who carry rabbit cubs give birth up to thirty rabbits per litter.

"Maxi, Jess!" Eve called.

When she came out of her room and saw that we were here. She came running towards us with her eyes filled with excitement. I called out to her and we all came running giving hugs to each other.

We pulled out from our group hug and in front of me I saw a white rabbit with black dots. The cute white cub in Eve's arms was a fuzz ball from its soft fluffy fur. Me and Jess curiously poked the fuzz ball. The moment the small rabbit squeaked it was like an arrow struck in both our hearts.

We squealed seeing the small rabbit wiggling its round body. It turned its body around hiding under Eve's arms and now we only saw its tail shaking.

"Do you want to hold him? Here, why don't you give it a try."

Eve threw a bunch of her rabbit cubs into my arms. As well as Jess' who began fumbling trying to balance herself from the many small fuzz balls Eve kept throwing at her. I couldn't help but sweat nervously when I saw Jess' whole body covered in bunnies. It felt like Eve was trying to suffocate Jess.

"Eve? I think you should stop giving Jess more bunnies, she is having a hard time holding them" I said.

However, I quickly regretted what I just said. Once Eve heard my comment. I had the shivers down my spine when she turned her head slowly in a dark background. I looked at her rabbit mates and saw them rushing out of the living room to another room. They all looked like they saw a ghost in the distance!

When I turned my head back I was faced with Eve. Who I noticed was the ghost in front of me! She had this chilly expression on her face like she was about to murder me.

"UH- Jess? Help me please I-" I whispered.

Just when I was about to finish my sentence. When I peeked to where Jess was standing. I gasped in shock.

"AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH! JESS?!"

In disbelief, I saw Jess who was standing earlier with a bunch of bunnies in her hand. Now on the floor. Her literal body was covered in Eve's rabbit cubs. She was drowned with small rabbits bunched up together. Seeing Jess covered with many cubs I had to do something.

"Jess! I'll save you!"

"NO! RUN AWAY! SHE'S GOING TO BURY YOU WITH HER CUBS! RUN!!" Jessica yelled.    
Despite her literally on the floor acting as she was dead. She had furry bunnies that huddled all around her body. When I was backing away I saw Jess's face filled with joy when touching the soft rabbits. It was more a paradise than being drowned in cute bunnies.

"Eve.. Can't we talk this out?! I'm sorry I haven't been able to hang out with you." I said, holding my hands in surrender.

When she came to me I backed away from her slowly. The atmosphere between Eve and I was tense. The moment she opened her mouth. I had a sweat dripping down my back as she began asking me questions I didn't want to answer.

"Where were you all week? Why haven't you come visit me? Why were you ignoring me?" Eve asked.

When my back was against the door I tried opening it but it was locked! Even when I explained everything to her the atmosphere was still tense.

"Oh no!"

By then when I turned around the Eve was right by me. She pouted and said "Hmph! I forgive you this time but next time tell me. I was worried, you know".

When I was about to say thank you to her I saw Eve grin. She held up her hand and with one snap I heard a door click open.

"Since I have seen all your cubs. Why don't I introduce all mycubs to you?"" Eve said with an evil smile.

"No no! I'm fine" I rejected but that didn't stop Eve at all.

I turned to the direction of the open door and there I was met with something shocking. I thought I was imagining things but did I really see a bunch of small colored balls inside that room. Once Eve whistled out loud. There I felt the house rumble as it shook the furniture inside. The plates and bowls clink, slightly moving up from the many small footsteps coming.

Jess, who was still piled under many rabbit cubs, pretended to be dead. When she heard the sudden thump that made the furniture from inside move.

I screamed seeing piles upon piles of small colored rabbits came running in. They were cute and fluffy but there were way too many coming my way! I felt their small paws climb and jump up my legs.

To this day I was buried in soft and fluffy rabbits. Knowing that it was Eve payback. I underestimated how many rabbit cubs she really had. She really had a lot of bunnies, presumably forty two cubs in total!

-ty for reading.