Chapter 46: The ultimate quest for sashimi

3rd POV

The next day, Maxine woke up to a very warm fuzzy body slightly squashed against her cheek. She opened her eyes and she saw her jaguar husband sleeping beside her.

After taking Rowan as her mate weeks ago. Two of her mates Sebby and Caius approved of Rowan. They welcomed him into the family without any doubts. The cubs were also happy since they now had another father to play with.

Sebastian cuddled his fuzzy jaguar body around Maxine like a pillow. She smiled seeing her husband peacefully sleeping just after he tiredly chased his energetic cubs around the field a minute ago.

She remembers seeing him and Rowan who had just left to hunt, playing and chasing the cubs up and down the field. Both men switched turns running as it was exhausting to chase hyper cubs around.

Earlier, Maxine saw Rowan realizing that cubs were physically exhausting. She admits it's sometimes hard keeping up with the cubs as Rowan himself was a calm and laid back beastmen. He knew nothing about taking care of cubs. But was willing to learn so that he himself can care for his own. The cubs were still babies, one of the most active of all. When they learned how to properly walk in just four months they could now run.

They were similar to that of "balls of fire" because they have so much energy in the day but little at night. But just the way Rowan looked was a total mess when he chased the cubs. Sweating all over, sluggishly walking, and panting. As a top soldier like himself he has experienced lots of hardships but taking care of energetic fire balls was different.

Maxine sighed when she saw two of her cubs playing with another victim to exhaust. It was Raymond in his wolf form playing with them. She thought that by now the cubs would be tired. But instead they looked like they still had lots of energy left when they began jumping and running around Raymond, their next playmate and target.

"Sam?!! Where is Sam?!" Maxine said, in panic.

When she was observing her cubs playing around her motherly instincts quickly kicked in. When she saw that there were two cubs around Raymond and one was missing! She began panicky looking around the garden to find her missing cub. Who was the smallest and youngest in the litter.

"SAM?!! Baby, where are you?" Maxine yelled, calling to her littlest cub. She fears him running off too far and getting lost.

Maxine knew that her third cub Sam was the shyest out of all her cubs. He is a sweet and kind cub that loves giving free kisses to her when feeling down. Though he loves following his brothers and fathers around the place. He would cry when being around unfamiliar things. Especially when he gets lost or alone somewhere. It would freak him out when being left behind with no one familiar.

Maxine remembers this one time when bringing her cubs to visit Lezon. Where he now lived in the Meldon plains located in the Ape king territory. The moment she dropped her cubs that were bundled inside a basket the two oldest began wandering around Lezon's home. Sam, who was the only one left, stayed looking around the strange place to where he was taken. When she was introducing her cubs to Lezon she carried Sam. Pulling Sebastian and Sam's faces together to show Lezon a point. That Sam was indeed a carbon copy of Sebastian in appearance. Both father and son duo had the same eyes and similar fur patterns but different personalities.

Sam who she carried in her hands had his big orange eyes widely staring at Lezon. In her cub eyes it was a stranger who he didn't know. He was frightened to see a big wolf beastmen staring directly at him. Soon those orange's eyes began tearing up, trembling with his fuzzy ears down as he whimpered. She remembered it took ages for her crying cub to calm down. With the many pats on the back to cradling him she felt bad seeing her cub be like this.