Chapter 17: Top of the chain

Maxine POV

I was walking my way back to Lezon home, but to my discomfort I heard a blaring roar in the distance that was toward the forest. It sent my skin shivering to my spine, making me walk even faster. After a while, I was relieved that it wasn't Sebastain's roar, if I heard his roar I would be running for the hills back home!

One thing to keep in mind was to never anger Sebastain. Yea he looks friendly and calm on the outside but on the inside he will literally unlock the gates of hell if provoked.
I learned my lesson after that past incident that occurred.

You know the one with the wolves.. It was no no when angering Sebastian. He is truly scary when he is mad! I am crying when I imagine his furious face in my mind. During that incident, I was sweating nervously, panicking when he looked at me after he beat them. It was like he was going to beat me to a pulp after he knocked out those wild dogs. Like they weren't enough for him and I was next on the list! I didn't want to be next but he stared at me like I was gonna be.

There was this one time I did a silly prank on him though it turned out not so silly. I wanted to prank him for fun just to see his reaction. So I set up a fake act and covered my fingers placing a fake one instead. The plan was simple: during dinner time I will help cook alongside him. I pretend I got hurt accidentally cutting myself. When he sees it then BLAM! The fake finger I wore will release out onto the floor while I scream.

Turns out the prank didn't go well as planned, the moment he found out I was looking at the devil right before me! Just by how he seriously looked at me without blinking means something serious. I was then kicked out of the kitchen and banned from ever holding something sharp in my hands that day. It took me many days of begging and pleading for him to uplift his ban. Yea that was a bad idea from the beginning.

Anyways back to the present...

I stopped my tracks, when I saw a group of female's walking towards my way. I cringed in sight seeing them walk intimidatingly, it's like they're trying to scare me by their empowering presence. Right now, I only see three cocky women strutting in a weird walk to me. In the corner of my eye, I saw a group of males behind them who hid in plain sight near the bushes. It must be their males or suitors nearby.

They suddenly stop walking and the female in the middle, can up forward. She was tall and flabby, her breast and stomach sagged right down her fur clothing. Her dark short hair was so messy that it almost resembled a bird's nest. She wore a white top and skirt that tightly hugged her tan skin.

In the distance, her yellow eyes looked at me menacingly like I was some sort of threat. She angrily bit her bottom lip after she began to talk.

"Oh look what I found, a wild female inside the wolf tribe. You of all people sho-"

" Huh?? What the hell is she saying" I thought, tilting my head in confusion.

"UHH- Sorry but I can't hear you! Can you talk a little louder!" I shouted right straight at them in the distance as they scowled.

I looked straight at the distance to the blue haired female crossing her arms together. She looked like she was looking at me judging by her brown eyes looking my way, I dunno about them but the distance between me and them was far. I really had no clue what she was saying. They were literally whispering in a low voice like they think I have super hearing.

The female came running in as she stomped her feet in aggression when she that I saw unfazed by her comment. When the group of females came close right in front of me. I learned that the female in the middle was named Nora. The two besides her were Abby and Martha who cheered her on as they spouted rude remarks to me.