🍋 Chapter 33: A wolf's obsession

(Pinterest/Twitter: Kang woojin)

A/N: This chapter does not have smut but has smut words to convey obsession.🛑🛑

Maxine POV

Took me hours thinking about this castle. Something was clogging up my brain when looking at this castle. I made so many memories living here that I'm now starting to forget parts of the original story.

Why was this castle so important again? What was it?

The stone interior and the way it's decorated seems familiar from the original story line. I knew the person that invited all of us was a beast's king.

BUT which one?

Ape!? Tiger!? Wolf!? Leopard!?

The roar I heard earlier was somewhat of a hint to which king it was, though it did hurt my ear drums. Out of all the kings the roar would be a feline beastmen. So that leaves us with Tiger or Leopard.

Judging by the castle's interior design, the furs were velvety red and had a golden outline to them. It was not like any of the other castles where beasts kings live. The decoration was fancy and the furniture was made out of wood with such detailed carvings. The biggest hint to this was the many leopard and feline guards around the castle.

My eyes widened and a light bulb glowed. I now know this was where he lived! The one and only leopard king! Also known as the second male lead of the original storyline.

He was one of the wealthiest beastmen but also one of many powerful beastmen that ruled alongside him. He was one of the five kings in total who worked together ruling the whole beast city. Each king has their own domain and land to rule over. The king's territories surrounded the beast city while the inner walls aka center of the city was for everyone. Their own species were their people that regularly served and worked for them.

In the story I think it was said that he fell in love with the heroine Willow at first sight upon her arrival. He  ran through a field full of flowers up to the hill where Willow was. He bowed down and professed his love to her, swearing his power as a king just to be her mate. Though there's just one problem...

I DON'T EVEN KNOW HIS NAME OR WHAT HE LOOKS LIKE?!

How am I supposed to watch out for this mysterious second male lead!? If I don't even know what he even looks like?!!

I admit living a peaceful life in beastworld with my jaguar hubby and wolf best friend made me forget some things. Though if I recall it would be less likely for the book to say much about him. The leopard king is the second male lead and he wouldn't make that much of an appearance during the storyline. If I had to guess he would only appear when the heroine is in desperate need of help.

Not much was said after all about him, only that he was the only cub to ever survive until adulthood. He was the grand victor fighting for the crown. He was crowned leopard king once his father died right before his mother who he loathed. I had read many mangas on this kind of thing, when there is only one royal left.

I rubbed the sides of my head trying to figure out something. I know that the leopard king doesn't go out that much. But I couldn't help but get worried if Willow meets him first. He too will follow his original path to the story! Willow will definitely mess up the beastworld if she is a part of the leopard king's ruling...

If I had to guess, the rest of his siblings might have died along the way, just to fight over who would get the crown or something like that. Living in the beastworld as a royal is harsh as many people want to overthrow to be that of higher status. Just by his family and him being the only lineage to the former leopard king, he must've had a difficult life. Always being cautious in his own home while fearing that he might die today or the day after.