Chapter 31: Eyes on me!

Chapter cover: Pinterest

Maxine POV

A sudden loud empowering roar filled the air. It was a high pitch screech that echoed through my ears. Not to mention that it blasted my ears hard! Like full volume earbuds high!

Sebastian quickly lifted me up and carried me. The blaring sound hurt like hell. He then covered one of my ears with his large hand. I buried my face on his chest covering my other ear.

A few minutes later the sound stopped. I looked around finding who the fuck made that sound. So I can "playfully" strangle them. I mean politely complain...

"What's happening?" I thought

I don't know what happened but I saw a massive creature that stood in the center. I didn't know who it was but it must've been someone important since many orcs piled around him. He roared once more like he was announcing something. I didn't understand a word he said. The unknown orc spoke in the language of a cat. There was all sorts of meows and growls.

A couple of minutes later, I sat on top of Sebastian who is currently in his jaguar form. Raymond was beside us in his wolf form as we followed a long crowd.

"Where are we going?" I asked

Just as I was about to get an answer from them. I saw something huge in the distance that caught my attention.

A castle!

A really massive one!

It was so gigantic it had large towers that were up to six stories tall and the roofs were colored dark red

It was so gigantic it had large towers that were up to six stories tall and the roofs were colored dark red. The roof was sharp and pointy while the walls were made out of stone.

Overall the castle was like it came out of a fairy tale. With how gorgeous it looked with the smooth stone exterior. The design of the castle was unique as it had many towers and bridges that were built in different levels. There were aligned trees and bushes that centered to the castle. On the side of the castle it had a large river that connects to a lake just nearby.

We passed a great stone entrance that was manually opened by beastmen guards. Most of them were leopards and some bird males.

After passing through the entrance, we arrived inside the grand castle. There were many beastmen piled up in different clusters. Some were surrounding a female while others were single male orcs. There were leopard guards surrounding the palace patrolling the crowd filled with leopard orcs inside.

"EH!?" I thought for a second.

Was my mind playing tricks on me but did I just see the heroine pass by?!

I could have swore she just passed by! Her curly brown hair and green emerald eyes are what makes her stand out. Wait a minute... Wasn't she supposed to appear a few months before the hunting event?! For a moment there I was shocked.