Chapter 41: Queen over night

(Chapter cover: Became The Villain's Mother)

3rd POV

In the afternoon Maxine was with her mates Sebastian and Rowan. They walked to the front gate outside of their home to bid Sebastian goodbye. He had his hand connected with hers.

"I wish I could spend more time with you than having to go to this meeting. I'll see you and our cubs soon. I love you." Sebastian said. He turned to kiss his wife and her belly goodbye before departing.

Just when he left Maxine said to him back in the distance "Since you're leaving can I practice my fire ball shooting inside? Caius told me it was alright"

It has been pretty boring lately. When Maxine moved to a bigger place with her mates. She thought that this would be a great place to practice her magic inside. Due to Sebastian's strict rules in no fireballs or anything casted big in their old house she was limited.

She thought his rule on no fireballs was bonkers!

How dare he make that rule?!

Her fireballs were literally the best power move of the century!

Try as she might even if she wanted to seek revenge on people she disliked she couldn't do that. Knowing that if orcs found out about her powers it would only cause nothing but trouble. That may harm her and her family which was why she hid her powers to the public. Most of the time, Maxine uses her power daily because it is convenient for her. Having powers was a blessing as it made her life ten times easier.

"Don't worry I will try not to blast holes in the walls and I-" When she was going to say more. She saw Sebastian's head turn slowly. She had sudden chills down her spine feeling that something terrifying would come out of his mouth.

"What?"

When he said one word to her Maxine had goosebumps. She grabbed onto Rowan's left shoulder for support. Who was right beside her, watching. She instantly regretted her words earlier since she already knew what his answer might be. She just thought maybe just maybe he would agree. But she guessed not.

"Uhhhhhh- Nevermind! Bye! good luck with your meeting" Maxine said.

She waved goodbye to Sebastian who was finally leaving to attend his meeting out of force. She wiped her forehead thinking that he might have heard her words clearly.

"Come on, Rowan. Lets go"

After Maxine found out that Rowan left was shockingly due to the tiger king's command, calling upon Rowan. He had yet to answer her courtship so he was still mateless. Males without a mate were not free from their male duties when working with royalty. And it was Rowan's duty to do what the tiger king commanded.

Rowan told her earlier that he did not want to go in the tiger king's order. There was nothing he could've done since the command was urgent. By urgent Maxine was pissed by that stupid command calling it "urgent". The tiger king's forced Rowan to seek out a female and her males that ran off hiding because they won a female beauty event hosted by the wolf king last week. That made the tiger queen upset she didn't win. It took Rowan the whole day to find them, especially when he had to tie up six males to transport back to the tiger territory.

Maxine decided that instead of spending her day in boredom. She decides to go to her husband Caius. She knows that in the morning he is usually busy spending his time in the new renovated office. She personally decorated it for him two weeks ago.

With Rowan left, Maxine walked in the spacious halls of her home going straight to her leopard husband.

However, a sudden thought comes to mind when walking there. Maxine remembers that Caius once told her one night ago after surprising him with his very own office. He confessed feeling more comfortable here in their home, the southern palace than in the main leopard castle. He told her the bad and traumatic memories from his childhood to when he was crowned king. In his days of being a mateless king, the main leopard castle made him feel more miserable especially being alone with no one to open up to.